Fobus Holster

Fobus Holster

This is a discussion on Fobus Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru

Thread: Fobus Holster

Fobus Holster

Last edited by Rollbar; March 29th, 2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: To add picture of holster

Guest1 likes this.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I didn't like mine, but to each his own.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Junk,the only thing they are good for is...................,nope can't think of anything.

I'd like to find a buyer for mine..I'll let them go cheap..
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Agreed, Mine is NOT a paddle holster. Belt loop type. The guy was telling me they are good and I just don't like paddle holsters.

Jim

I've actually used Fobus holsters for Steel Challenge before. I'd never consider using for CC.

I use mine for woods walking, range/hunting and fishing.
    I have better options for CC.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post

Agreed, Mine is NOT a paddle holster. Belt loop type. The guy was telling me they are good and I just don't like paddle holsters.

Jim
    I've got a Blackhawk Serpa (lvl2) and I always used the belt loop attachment, because I thought the paddle was just stupid. My buddy used it and said I was nuts. So I swapped the belt attachment out for the paddle and it's a WORLD of difference. More stable, sits up better and comfortable! (which I didn't expect). Different holster may be a different story, but worth a try, you may also be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    I've got a Blackhawk Serpa (lvl2) and I always used the belt loop attachment, because I thought the paddle was just stupid. My buddy used it and said I was nuts. So I swapped the belt attachment out for the paddle and it's a WORLD of difference. More stable, sits up better and comfortable! (which I didn't expect). Different holster may be a different story, but worth a try, you may also be surprised.
    Thank you, my son has one like that for his G23 and I must say it comes out quickly. I was looking at the thumb break holster since I am use to my thumb popping open the snap of a regular holster. Problem was the bigger thumb break that I found was on a paddle type and I don't like paddles. The Safariland thumb break is to small of a target, so for now I went w/the standard Fobus.

I'm the odd man out. While it isn't my first choice, I actually like the Fobus paddle for my G26. It is comfortable and easy off and on. I don't open carry, so don't worry much about someone beating me to the draw of my own weapon. My one caution is to wear a quality belt and wear it tight to make sure the holster stays on when the gun comes out.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Links