High Noon low ride WITH cant?? - Page 2

High Noon low ride WITH cant??

This is a discussion on High Noon low ride WITH cant?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tallygreys So I'm wondering, why doesn't High Noon make a low ride holster with a cant. All their low riders are straight. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: High Noon low ride WITH cant??

Quote Originally Posted by tallygreys View Post
    So I'm wondering, why doesn't High Noon make a low ride holster with a cant. All their low riders are straight. I'm looking at the Bare Asset/Down Under but wish they rode low. Or, I wish the Hideaway/Mr. Softy had a cant.

Any thoughts?
    I had the same 'wants' as you, and when I saw that High Noon wasn't interested in fulfilling them, I moved on to other holster providers.

Straight cant doesn't work for me, nor does high ride. Like many female carriers, I have a higher waist and a much shorter torso than a man, so a high ride will have the butt of my gun way to high on my body in an uncomfortable, hard-to-conceal position. A low-ride holster with no cant has the muzzle poking into my hip. Thus, the low-ride, butt forward cant works best for the behind-the-hip carry mode I prefer.

I am glad to see manufacturers like Desantis and Crossbreed addressing the primary issue with belt clip holsters - which is the darn clip! When the cant and height of the clip can be adjusted, the holster is so much more likely to be usable. Even better is when the type of clip can be swapped out to suit the user's preference.

N82 also makes a very comfortable IWB belt holster with an adjustable cant.

Good luck.
    Foxy likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

[QUOTE=MrsHB;2434826]When the cant and height of the clip can be adjusted, the holster is so much more likely to be usable. Even better is when the type of clip can be swapped out to suit the user's preference./QUOTE]

Speaking of all of which, this holster from DeSantis is one I developed around a shapely Federal agent. Originally created for the FBI, the version for male agents carried it higher and flatter; the female agent version carries lower and tips the gun butt out more; and both are adjustable angle:

desantis fbi w female paddle.JPGdesantis paddle female.JPGdesantis paddle male.jpg

As I did with this one for Aker:

aker paddle for female agents (2).jpg

I remember the agent as looking like this, but I'm sure there was a waistbelt involved

aker paddle for female agents (1).jpg
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I can't bring myself to stick anything called "mr Softie" in my pants

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I can't bring myself to stick anything called "mr Softie" in my pants
    Fight it untill the end.

Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links