High Noon low ride WITH cant??

This is a discussion on High Noon low ride WITH cant?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I should be getting my CHL soon and currently have a Kahr K9, probably going to get a PM9 soon as well. I purchased the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: High Noon low ride WITH cant??

I should be getting my CHL soon and currently have a Kahr K9, probably going to get a PM9 soon as well. I purchased the Mr. Softy just to see what an IWB feels like. Overall I think something like that may work. However, I think I prefer a cant since not only does reaching back for the firearm seem easier, but the cant seems to make the butt of the grip point up as opposed to back...making printing less noticeable when you bend over. I hope that makes sense.

So I'm wondering, why doesn't High Noon make a low ride holster with a cant. All their low riders are straight. I'm looking at the Bare Asset/Down Under but wish they rode low. Or, I wish the Hideaway/Mr. Softy had a cant.

I am also wondering if the mere fact that the holster HAS a cant makes it a high ride and I should stop the analytical exercise and just get a Bare Asset/Down Under.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

A Remora holster is a great low cost way to experiment with position and cant. Once you figure out what location and cant works
    for you then you can look at other holsters that will work for that. Or you may find the Remora is all you need.
    MrsHB likes this.

I was wondering the same thing.

Those High Noon holsters are made for "appendix carry". Meaning they are meant to be carried from 2:00-10:00, or in front of the hip.

I currently carry a Glock 19 in a Mr. Softy at 1:00.

A straight drop, zero can't holster is best for appendix carry.

I've loved the Mr. Softy thus far (about a year 1/2), but the low profile ride require that you dig the gun out with your thumb on the draw.

I just yesterday ordered a Cane & Derby P.I.C. appendix carry kydex holster that offers a full "combat grip" and a "grip-tucking" feature that pulls the butt of the pistol into your body to reduce printing.

Read up on appendix carry and keep the Mr. Softy for now. It's a GREAT starting holster.
    miller_man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tallygreys View Post
    I should be getting my CHL soon and currently have a Kahr K9, probably going to get a PM9 soon as well. I purchased the Mr. Softy just to see what an IWB feels like. Overall I think something like that may work. However, I think I prefer a cant since not only does reaching back for the firearm seem easier, but the cant seems to make the butt of the grip point up as opposed to back...making printing less noticeable when you bend over. I hope that makes sense.

So I'm wondering, why doesn't High Noon make a low ride holster with a cant. All their low riders are straight. I'm looking at the Bare Asset/Down Under but wish they rode low. Or, I wish the Hideaway/Mr. Softy had a cant.

I am also wondering if the mere fact that the holster HAS a cant makes it a high ride and I should stop the analytical exercise and just get a Bare Asset/Down Under.

Any thoughts?
    These are great questions. Glad you asked.

A canted holster worn 3:30 to 5:00 CP 3,4,5 is hard for most prople to dig it out and make a quick presentation. Some can do it (very few) but not knowing who can and who cannot we have to go with the majority. A combat grip is best back at these positions.

PS As we get older we "acquire" LOL ........... injuries. Rotor cuff, back problems etc etc A good bet is it will not be a good seller if it was made.

Hope that helps

Justin
    Tayopo likes this.
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Those High Noon holsters are made for "appendix carry". Meaning they are meant to be carried from 2:00-10:00, or in front of the hip.

I currently carry a Glock 19 in a Mr. Softy at 1:00.

A straight drop, zero can't holster is best for appendix carry.

I've loved the Mr. Softy thus far (about a year 1/2), but the low profile ride require that you dig the gun out with your thumb on the draw.

I just yesterday ordered a Cane & Derby P.I.C. appendix carry kydex holster that offers a full "combat grip" and a "grip-tucking" feature that pulls the butt of the pistol into your body to reduce printing.

Read up on appendix carry and keep the Mr. Softy for now. It's a GREAT starting holster.
    Be sure to post a review of the Cane & Derby P.I.C. after you use it for a while. I have one of their older style appendix holsters and really like it, but I have not seen any reviews of the new one.
    RonCo likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Cool

I prefer appendix carry for speed of aquiring the firearm and the ability to conceal well.

I prefer a combat grip and zero cant in that posistion. I like a slide guard and sight rail.

I have been carrying High Noon Public Secret holsters for some years now to fit those needs.

My primary carry is a Glock 23.

photo.jpgphoto.jpgImage 4.jpg
    click images to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Several of my holsters are with a ~20-22 forward cant, whether low- or high-ride. For me, I find it can help with positive grip and presentation, as well as tucking the butt end of the gun in tighter to the body. Depends on body shape and what position is most comfortable for you to draw, of course.

Ditto on the Remora idea, if it'll help you play with positioning until you get set on exactly where it would work best for you. Then you can nail down a good choice on the next holster that'll be spot-on.

Any of the holsters known for close-fitting ride should work, whether higher or lower ride, so long as you can get one built-in with cant.

One option: Fist Holsters, which allows for choice of cant when ordering, on many of their holsters.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    A good bet is it will not be a good seller if it was made.

Hope that helps

Justin
    Having worked for a maker that went from being one of the smallest, to one of the largest, may I suggest that until you're the latter, it's in your company's best interests to take every sale you can get. An oft-overlooked reason is that, if your customer has a single reason to go elsewhere (as a very old example, Sam Browne belt keepers that sell for only a few dollars, when unavailable, can cost the sale of the entire belt, holster, pouches, etc.), because buyers in our markets have a very high loyalty rate, you're likely to lose that customer forever to Brand X. "Build it and they will come".

Quote Originally Posted by Ducmonster View Post
    A Remora holster is a great low cost way to experiment with position and cant. Once you figure out what location and cant works
    for you then you can look at other holsters that will work for that. Or you may find the Remora is all you need.
    I love my CrossBreed. Broken in and half the time I don't even notice it anymore. Very comfortable.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    A canted holster worn 3:30 to 5:00 is hard for most prople to dig it out and make a quick presentation. Some can do it (very few) but not knowing who can and who cannot we have to go with the majority. A combat grip is best back at these positions.
    Your response is odd to me because it seems to go against what almost all of the major holster makers produce. Most make a holster such as the OP described.

We were talking about a low ride canted holster which we do not make. Most makers make a combat grip, a picture is here High Ride Or Low Ride

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Having worked for a maker that went from being one of the smallest, to one of the largest, may I suggest that until you're the latter, it's in your company's best interests to take every sale you can get. An oft-overlooked reason is that, if your customer has a single reason to go elsewhere (as a very old example, Sam Browne belt keepers that sell for only a few dollars, when unavailable, can cost the sale of the entire belt, holster, pouches, etc.), because buyers in our markets have a very high loyalty rate, you're likely to lose that customer forever to Brand X. "Build it and they will come".
    We have not had that many requests for type of holster, but I can agree with you, if you slice it down the middle and go with the most popular guns. But if you go with all of the guns, which is what most times we do, the investment will be in the teens for the dies. At least over here the way we get them made. But then again everything is more expensive here.

I did not even count the R&D work which you can give a price tag on that better then me
    Justin
    Last edited by High Noon; October 28th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

There are so many ways to say this, Justin. Here's one: decades ago we at Bianchi had a close relationship with Colt, and their new marketing manager was envious that we conversed directly with our consumers, while they had to rely on the middlemen for product feedback (the many layers of distributors and reps). And we know what happened to Colt. So, I'm suggesting that, when consumers tell you directly "what they want" from your company, find a way to get it to them before your competitor does.

Said another way, is your company "product driven" -- do you sell them what you have; or is your company "consumer driven" -- do you sell them what they want? Colt was guessing, why should you?

And we hand cut these new designs in our "specials department"; sometimes we gave the products away in exchange for field-testing feedback from the consumer. I know, this is not the 20th century any more, but marketing is old.

Hope that helps.

Yes and we know Colt missed the entire ship when it came to updating the 1911.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links