My High Noon Public Secret came!

This is a discussion on My High Noon Public Secret came! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a Public Secret IWB holster from High Noon over the weekend and it came in today super fast! I wanted a nice clip ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My High Noon Public Secret came!

I ordered a Public Secret IWB holster from High Noon over the weekend and it came in today super fast! I wanted a nice clip on IWB holster with no cant for my Glock 26 to use for Apendix carry and it fits the bill perfectly. Even with the tension screw loose the G26 wont fall out when upside down and feels very secure, and the leather slide guard is also a nice feature. The stitching, fit and material quality are top notch all around. Being made of double thick leather/cowhide, the Public Secret is a little thicker than some of the thinner Kydex holsters for AIWB, but its not a problem for me. The steel clip fits very securely to my belt as well, yet allows easy removal of the holster.

I immediatly saddled up and went grocery shopping to test how it felt riding AIWB in the car, walking around, etc in public. It takes a little getting used to how it feels carrying a gun there, even a small one like the G26, but it was not uncomfortable and the pistol literally dissapears on you carrying this way. Access is also very easy for the draw without me having to do a wide garment snatch with my left hand to clear my holster like when I carry behind my hip at 4 o'clock. Access to the gun when inside a car buckled up kind of sucks just like it does when carried at 3 or 4, oh well. Dang you helpfull seat belts! Aside from that I'm definately sold on the location method and am thinking about getting a sister holster for my SP101 to ride in apendix style.

Here are some photos I took showing how it looks from the front with me just wearing a fitted polo shirt. A loose t-shirt is even easier. I really feel I can conceal carry my baby Glock anywhere now without worry.

And lastly, here is my G26 in it's new home!

I would definately recommend the Public Secret to anyone looking for a quality leather IWB holster with no cant.

*Bonus: This model is also a stocking item so you don't have to wait till hell freezes over to get the thing!
    Blue Thunder likes this.

I see good design and construction -- but wouldn't carry it there! Think of your wedding tackle when you're seated.
    Sledge likes this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

High Noon makes some of the best affordable holsters in my opinion. I have a couple myself. Anything that can boost your comfort for carry is worthwhile. You have my best wishes.

Distinguished Member
    I have the MR softy, i love it. I feel like appendix carry is the only one i really can get away with, that and pocket carry.

BTW, if i was worried about my gun shooting me when holstered i wouldn't carry any gun anywhere on me.

I appendix carry my SR9c most of the time. I do like having the extra thumb safety for that purpose. A lot of AIWB proponents prefer hammer fired guns, so they can ride the hammer during reholstering.

Just keep in mind one must be VERY cautious with appendix carry especially with striker fired guns, that have no external safety. If anything catches the trigger while reholstering or adjusting you can ND into your femoral artery and be dead in a few minutes, like the poor guy who shifted his gun and killed himself sitting in his minivan with his wife and kids.

I absolutely would not carry AIWB with a soft holster.

To paraphrase what they say on another forum where AIWB carry is popular:

"If you mess up, you die."
    Last edited by redbeardsong; March 29th, 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: language

I've seen some really nice rigs from High Noon.

Looks awesome!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We would like to see that gun seated all the way. Just push the gun down and over to line up with the wet molding. You will see the imprint of your gun into the leather. We would like it to look like our picture to the right. Look at those 4 points and then look at your picture to the left. If you think its a good fit now, just wait till you get the gun in correct.

Public Secret Not Seated Correct.jpgPublic Secret seated correct.jpg

Enjoy the holster and stay safe.

How did you get your pictures that big?

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    I appendix carry my SR9c most of the time. I do like having the extra thumb safety for that purpose. A lot of AIWB proponents prefer hammer fired guns, so they can ride the hammer during reholstering.

Just keep in mind one must be VERY cautious with appendix carry especially with striker fired guns, that have no external safety. If anything catches the trigger while reholstering or adjusting you can ND into your femoral artery and be dead in a few minutes, like the poor guy who shifted his gun and killed himself sitting in his minivan with his wife and kids.

I absolutely would not carry AIWB with a soft holster.

To paraphrase what they say on another forum where AIWB carry is popular:

"If you mess up, you die."
    Yep, I did alot of research about it too. Re-holstering is one of those areas were I'm going to just have to ignore all the teaching of most of the gun schools about "keeping my eyes on the threat" while re-holstering and just watch and do it very deliberetly. I've never had problems with trigger discipline, I was taught to use it religiously even with my bb gun as a kid, so I think if I keep my finger away from the bang bang switch I'll be OK.

Thanks for the pic Justin, I'll be sure to make it line up with the molding from now on.

I have one High Noon holster. It is a great little holster but I am not fond of the clip. I have beat up several pieces of furniture with the edge of the metal clip.

What I like about High Noon:
    Great customer service
    Fast delivery
    Well made products
    The value is definitely there and the price is not high for what you get.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    Thanks for the pic Justin, I'll be sure to make it line up with the molding from now on.
    Glad to help, just use some muscle pushing down and this is only till after break in, after that it will be easy. It will just slip in there and kinda of find the molding embedded into the leather and lock in.

How did you get your pictures big like that? Ours you have to click on them to get them big? What did I do wrong?

Justin

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I have the MR softy, i love it.
    Whoa man, we are talking holsters here, take that talk to th...oh, wait, nevermind.

I've never tried appendix carry, but I like the looks of this, and may just order one of these to try.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

That's a fine looking rig.
    NRA Life Member

Cool

A quality holster at a resonable price.

My Glock 23 and S&W 36 both ride in High Noon Public Secret holsters.

Image 4.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 2.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

What about putting the holster between pants and belt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links