Keltec P3AT...which pocket holster

This is a discussion on Keltec P3AT...which pocket holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a P3AT and plan to carry it in either a front pocket or rear pocket....jeans or dockers, when it's just not feasible ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keltec P3AT...which pocket holster

Keltec P3AT...which pocket holster

I just bought a P3AT and plan to carry it in either a front pocket or rear pocket....jeans or dockers, when it's just not feasible to carry my full size 1911. I have looked at a few pocket holsters on the net. I've looked at a DeSantis Nemesis, Galco pocket holster, Fist kydex and a leather wallet type (forgot brand).
    What brands do some of you use and like that are comfortable. Thanks in advance guys.

Perry
    "Yes, It's Loaded"

2. Remove Ads

I have been using a K-Rat by Ron Graham. This holster works great for front pocket carry. Does everything a pocket holster should do.
    A great holster for $39 shipped.

http://www.palehorseholsters.com/pocket.htm

VIP Member
    Check K&D.

http://www.kdholsters.com/

I use one for my KelTec P32. You can take a look at some photos on this thread.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=9841
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well the masters of pocket holsters are RJ Hedley, PCS and Del Fatti.....
    Any of them make what you want....and probably more.

Hedley...RJ's a stand up guy too.

PCS nice stuff....

Matt's stuff is just SICK! (As my 12 year old would say)

Shoot well and god bless.....
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Eric builds a good pocket holster as well. (hbeleatherworks)

I use one of these for my P3AT or P32. I like the way that the holster swings free of the panel when drawing.

http://www.jagwear.com/jgwr4-23.htm

I carry mine in a Don Hume. Never know it is there. Just added the clip. It now looks like I am carrying a knife. All you can see is the clip on the outside of my front left pocket of my jeans.
    Last edited by ropinghorns; January 20th, 2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Just changed to the clip.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Just make sure the trigger is covered...some of the pics on the Jagwear site dont show that being the case. Some may not think this is important, but if you hit the trigger in your pocket...way to close to parts that I like and plan on using later on!
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Just make sure the trigger is covered...some of the pics on the Jagwear site dont show that being the case. Some may not think this is important, but if you hit the trigger in your pocket...way to close to parts that I like and plan on using later on!
    Shoot well and god bless
    I use the Jagwear everyday and the one they sell for the Kel-Tec P3AT and P32 both completely cover the trigger. No problem there.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. Most of your offerings I had not looked at. I decided on a cheap DeStantis to get started, but I really like the leather ones. Just from looking I think they will fit a lot better in the rear pocket (just guessing). I 'm just getting started in this "small pistol" stuff. I hope I don't go through the "drawer full of holsters" like I did with my 1911....but as you know, I probably will. Thanks again.

Perry
    "Yes, It's Loaded"

Quote Originally Posted by hph1911 View Post
    I decided on a cheap DeStantis to get started ...
    Perry: I did the same thing, picking up a cheapie DeSantis pocket holster for the P3AT. It's definitely not up to par, by comparison with a well-made custom rig. Doesn't fit well. Allows rotation inside the pocket, such that the barrel points up at you. Bad, really.

For 10yrs, I had a Mitch Rosen "Pocket Softy" for a S&W 442 revolver. Loved it. Perfect match. A bit more expensive, but excellent quality and durability.

I've got one from K&D coming in another couple of weeks, for the P3AT. Much, much better made than the cheapie pocket holster from DeSantis.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I also carry the P3AT in a don hume pocket holster it stays put and covers the trigger well.

VIP Member
    I also bought a Desantis Nemesis to start with. I bought it as a temporary use holster until my K&D could get here. Since I got it the little Desantis sits dejected and forlorn in a box.

I too expected to carry my K&D 2-in-1 mostly in my back pocket, but found instead that I most often have the anti-print panel off and the pistol and holster in my left front pocket. This works for most occasions because the outline of the holster is such that it does not print much. I do not regret getting the 2-in-1, because there are times when carrying in the front pocket just is not convenient. Then I put on the anti-print panel drop it in my back pocket and any one who notices sees the outline of a wallet. It works for me.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

PCS Holster P3AT

Where can I find a PCS holster? No help with the usual search engines.
    Thanks,
    Chris

While the desantis nemesis is a good "tight pocket" (back pocket on jeans) holster it doesnt work so well in lose pockets (front slacks pockets). But the n65 92 is an external holster that strongly resembles a PDA case. The only problem is the zipper isn't as fast as some holsters (might put a pull tab on it later). Up side is it caries an extra mag for emergencies and no digging in pockets. I use this when I commute to work at night.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links