Remora Holster - It's a keeper

This is a discussion on Remora Holster - It's a keeper within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have just completed one week of using a new Remora holster I purchased ten days ago. Combined with my Taurus 709 9mm, it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remora Holster - It's a keeper

Remora Holster - It's a keeper

I have just completed one week of using a new Remora holster I purchased ten days ago. Combined with my Taurus 709 9mm, it is a reliable and comfortable rig that conceals well and minimizes the many complexities of CCW. I wore the rig with a number of pants, jeans, and shorts. In all cases, it was hardly even noticeable, even when buckled in my vehicle. I might also add that I did not wear a belt at all while wearing the Remora. I got to the point where it now feels strange, not to have my rig at 5 o'clock on my hip.

I'm a good thirty pounds overweight, probably more like forty. Anyway, big guys know how hard it is to find a good holster that doesn't poke or prod the hell out of you. I just found one.
    accessbob likes this.

2. Remove Ads

lucky to find yours.
    Still looking for a edc holster

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stickpig View Post
    I have just completed one week of using a new Remora holster I purchased ten days ago. Combined with my Taurus 709 9mm, it is a reliable and comfortable rig that conceals well and minimizes the many complexities of CCW. I wore the rig with a number of pants, jeans, and shorts. In all cases, it was hardly even noticeable, even when buckled in my vehicle. I might also add that I did not wear a belt at all while wearing the Remora. I got to the point where it now feels strange, not to have my rig at 5 o'clock on my hip.

I'm a good thirty pounds overweight, probably more like forty. Anyway, big guys know how hard it is to find a good holster that doesn't poke or prod the hell out of you. I just found one.
    Glad you like it. I do too. Here's a pic with mine (Full size M&P .45) while just wearing it at home, not concealed.

EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Question for you gentlemen... Did you order ART and/or RFT?
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeZnow View Post
    Question for you gentlemen... Did you order AFT and/or RFT?
    The one in the picture is ART RFT. I also have one that is non-ART RFT for my PF9 (my wife has stolen that holster for her PF9) and I have an ART nonRFT with the optional tuckable option for the PF9 as well.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Yes, I like mine too. I have one for both my LCR and LCP. They serve their purpose, are well made and stay put! No clip, so no belt is needed, which is why I bought them in the first place. Love them for the quick "grab and go" or while I'm wearing sweats or shorts (with no belt). Excellent product, workmanship and customer service is top notch too!.
    Last edited by rockymax; March 29th, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    The one in the picture is ART RFT. I also have one that is non-ART RFT for my PF9 (my wife has stolen that holster for her PF9) and I have an ART nonRFT with the optional tuckable option for the PF9 as well.
    Thanks! Since you have a variety, which do you prefer and why? I know it's subjective, but I can't decide. Probably will have to order more than one.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Distinguished Member
    Thanks! Since you have a variety, which do you prefer and why? I know it's subjective, but I can't decide. Probably will have to order more than one.
    I think my favorite is the one in the pic. ART RFT. I like the RFT so that it is much easier reholstering. I like the ART part as I can get a better grip on the handle of the gun. I'm not so keen on the nonRFT like I stated because it is harder to reholster, but it does lay flatter if that is a consideration. The tuckable option is okay, but it does limit you basically to one side or the other as the flap has to be on the outside so that your shirt can go between the main holster part and the flap.

Does that help?
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Does that help?
    Absolutely! Thank you! My initial thought was ART-RFT for the reasons you stated. My wallet and hubby thank you too! :D

Mine is the RFT with the Sweat Shield (not the full size shield).

- ART makes for a much easier draw. RFT makes for an easier holstering. I generally don't need to reholster my gun, so I opted for the ART.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - ART makes for a much easier draw. RFT makes for an easier holstering. I generally don't need to reholster my gun, so I opted for the ART.
    You can get BOTH by the way, which is what I have. ART RFT. You don't have to choose between the two.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I am using a RFT for my XD sc.

I too love Remora holsters, especially for carrying without a belt. They make great pocket carry holsters too. Here's a review I did a while back if you're interested.

They have a new holster line coming, and it sounds like it's going to be their textured material on the body side with a Kydex shell. Looking forward to testing one out.

I bet it wouldn't work with my full size steel 1911.
    Certified Infidel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links