Carry a Kimber help

Carry a Kimber help

This is a discussion on Carry a Kimber help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a Kimber pro Raptor II 45. A commander size 45 and need to find a edc holster for a fat man to carry. Have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carry a Kimber help

Carry a Kimber help

Have a Kimber pro Raptor II 45. A commander size 45 and need to find a edc holster for a fat man to carry.
    Have seen many nice looking ones posted but the cost of buying multilple holsters is not for me.
    What and why do you carry what you do.
    Any help would be great.

Get a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Brownells has them for 90 or so bucks. And you don't have to wait six months for a Sparks.

Yep, Sparks SSII. It's an IWB that doesn't take up a big chunk of body real estate, tucks the gun in close, and is pretty comfortable even with a full size, all-steel gun.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Third in for the Sparks SSII; my favorite 1911 holster.

Brownells has them for 90 or so bucks. And you don't have to wait six months for a Sparks.

That is one that I have had been following on posts. Sounds like a good following here.

We have some 1911 comannder size on the close out page. It will not last long at $69.90

Close Outs

Its this one gator trim $169.95 close out $69.90 Down Under Clips Alligator

Alex

Any others out there?

I carry a Kimber Ultra Raptor II in a Galco Concealable. I'm not a big fan of IWB holsters. I have two or three for the times that I just have to use one, but they are always uncomfortable to me. The Galco OWB tucks in tight, so it's easy to cover with a shirt. That's my first choice.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Deathmaster: You failed to specify IWB or OWB? I own and carry the same pistol that you do. I think the Outside-the-WaistBand is more comfortable to wear. My favorite OWB is the Kramer Belt Scabard in horsehide--Kramer is used by many professional LE agencies. Leather Gun Scabbard The horsehide is a little more pricey, but maintains its shape more reliably than cowhide.

I wear Inside-the-WaistBand most often, as I often need to conceal but don't wear a cover garment--thus I need an IWB that is tuckable. This is the holster and maker that I use: Desbiens Gun Leather IWB #3.

I also have a Crossbreed supertuck which I like, but I personally prefer all leather...........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I carry a Sprinfield Champion in a Kelley Gun leather C-flex IWB. Maybe a 4-6 week turn around time. Kelley Gun Leather - Custom Handmade Leather Holsters - Phoenix, AZ
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

How about a Lunch Bag..................for a fat man.....GEeezzzzz.........what girth are we talkin' here....?

Probably a shoulder holster......if it's.... Planetary.

sgb
    OWB is definitely more comfortable than IWB. However neither work well unless you use a stiff, quality gun belt in conjunction with them.

Looper Leather makes a very nice and economical kydex reinforced gun belt.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    I use a Brommeland Max-Con V because it is the most secure, comfortable, concealable yet accessable IWB holster I have ever worn. Although I have not quite attained fat man status, Gary Brommeland assures me the big guys can easily wear his gear, as well. Give him a shout if you have questions. He and his wife are both very knowledgeable about the practicality of his products. Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I use a crossbreed supertuck. Large footprint to help keep the gun from digging into your side.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links