IWB for Taurus TCP

This is a discussion on IWB for Taurus TCP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have some recommendations of a good solid IWB holster for a Taurus TCP. I think that I'm going to lean more to one that ...

Thread: IWB for Taurus TCP

IWB for Taurus TCP

Anyone have some recommendations of a good solid IWB holster for a Taurus TCP. I think that I'm going to lean more to one that has two loops on either side. I'm having a hard time and when I find one they're expensive. I have a hard time also paying the same amount for the TCP as I would my XD because it's so much smaller. Before anyone recommends it, I do pocket carry my TCP already but I'm looking for another carry option. I've looked some at the smaller Crossbreed ones but would like to look at some others too.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I have a Smith & Wesson M&P .45 full size and use the Remora. No loops, no clips, but it works. I like the ART RFT version so it has a lower cut for better master grip acquisition and the RFT (reinforced top) for easier reholstering. I have 4 of the holsters (2 for PF9, 1 for M&P, and one double magazine). My brother in law went to the Remora for his Glock 23 about a month and a half ago and hasn't looked back.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Oh, and your TCP doesn't show up on the fitting chart, so just call them and talk to them. They'll get you set up and they are real good about returns if you aren't satisfied. Also, I forgot to mention that they are only about $25 - $30 depending on whether you choose the non-RFT or the RFT.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I've thought about the Remora. I recently got one for my 642 and it worked well but I have a hard time feeling completely comfortable with it since it doesn't attach and with the TCP being so much smaller there's less to hold it. Mine never really slipped except one time when I was moving around a lot and on my hands and knees. Being on the overweight size sometimes your belt will take the path of least resistance and slip below the belly or belt line and changes the position of the holster. Also being so small I thought a regular IWB would still be so light it would barely be noticeable unlike when I try to carry my XDSC in a Minotaur.

I love my MaxTuck from www.whitehatholsters.com, if you have more than one weapon you carry you can order different kydexs because they are interchangeable and they also have different clip options. I had mine made of horsehide since I have to put up with the hot 100 degree plus days here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Is there an advantage or difference in the Whitehat over the Crossbreed or MCTAC and why would the horse hide be better for hot weather? I went to their site though and didn't see the TCP listed but it might be an option for the 642 or Bersa.

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    Is there an advantage or difference in the Whitehat over the Crossbreed or MCTAC and why would the horse hide be better for hot weather? I went to their site though and didn't see the TCP listed but it might be an option for the 642 or Bersa.
    The only advantage the MaxTuck has is the ability to change out the kydex if you have different carry weapons. Horsehide grain is tighter than cowhide which make it resist moisture better so it more ideal in hotter climates. If they don't have a holster listed for your gun all you have to do us contact Tony at White Hat Holsters and 9 times out if 10 he can make a kydex for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by longhornfan6; April 5th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Links