Anyone carry a Glock 29/30 OWB

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Glock 29/30 OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently awaiting my new holster, being custom made by Skip Ritchie. OWB. Just wondering if anyone else carries the same model in the same fashion. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a Glock 29/30 OWB

Currently awaiting my new holster, being custom made by Skip Ritchie. OWB. Just wondering if anyone else carries the same model in the same fashion.

If so, how well does it conceal under a simple t-shirt? I'm about 6'2", 185lbs and Oklahoma summers are hot!!! Normal dress is a pair of Dickies and a t-shirt.

I "Mexican carry" when I let my dogs out ever since my water bill came with a cougar warning, and my wife says she didn't know I had it until I told/showed her, but it is a pretty beefy gun(1.28"). Skip said it should be no problem, but if anyone has pics of how it conceals, I would most appreciative.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

Glock 30SF inside waist band holster... conceals just as well as my 27..

I have a Glock-30 and I use an OWB for it.
    In my opinion, it's not the Glock (compact models) that determines how well it will conceal, it's the holster.
    I use Fist holsters, and my OWB hugs the body almost as well as my IWB's.

On a side note, I wouldn't advise carrying a Glock "Mexican Style"...that's an accident looking for a place to happen.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have both a G30 & G29. I use a Don Hume IWB. Rides nice all day log at 3 o'clock position & easily concealed under a shirt tail.
    ...one jagged hole!

Glock 30SF + Comp-tac or Dale Fricke.

I should clarify the Mexican carry. I call it Axel Foley style, gun in the rear waistband, not the front for obvious reasons. I had actually never heard Mexican carry before this site.

I would not advise carrying any gun without a holster that covers the trigger. And I don't know where in the rear waistband you are carrying, but if over your spine, you can risk a spinal injury if you fall or get pushed back onto the ground.

I sometimes carry my Glock 30 OWB in a Tagua leather holster. It rides tight to the body, but it does print some, depending on the shirt. I'm using a gun belt from the Beltman.

If I need more discretion, I can carry the G30 in my Smartcarry.

For even more discretion or comfort, I can pocket carry my G26, PM9, or LCP - depending on the pockets and pants material.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I bought a Looper Leather IWB today to tide me over until my Ritchie Leather holster arrives. I also bought a gun belt to go with it. Should be fine until my custom comes in.

I've used both I and OWB for my G30 and actually prefer the OWB for comfort, and it conceals just fine with a jacket or untucked shirt. My OWB for the G30 is a Hume 721OT which I think is a very good value for a leather holster.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Thanks guys! My Ritchie CQ-QR should be here in 3-5 weeks. For the time being, I'll be using a Looper Leather Hybrid.

I'll add it to the sticky when I pick it up in the morning with my thoughts on it and some new pics.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I carry my G30SF in a Galco Fletch OWB:

galco fletch for glock 30 - Google Search

I am 5'11" 165lbs and live in north Texas where the summers get in the hundreds. I conceal it with an untucked shirt of any kind, mostly tshirts and have had no comments about printing or second looks.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I carried, I guess now it would be yesterday god I need to go to bed, through Walmart with just a t-shirt and no one seemed to notice. Even my old boss didn't say anything about it and she knows I'm never without something and she's not my biggest fan. I've only had my permit for a few days, but most of these small town LEOs had ben letting it slide with just my CLEET license before I had CCW.

what is a CLEET license ??? I use a PJ holster from PJSHolsters very nice quality kydex and is more comfortable that my whitehat IWB holster and its tuckable...

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    what is a CLEET license ??? I use a PJ holster from PJSHolsters very nice quality kydex and is more comfortable that my whitehat IWB holster and its tuckable...
    Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training. In Oklahoma, CLEET certifies police officers, security officers, bounty hunters, and PIs. I'm armed security, but my local LEOs have been pretty cool about it. Now I have CLEET and CCW and start my police science degree, complete with certification, June 4th.

mexican carry with a mic holster would be the only way to safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links