Smart Carry in Board shorts

This is a discussion on Smart Carry in Board shorts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody doing this? How is it working out. I am considering it but I would like to hear from the smart carry crowd and especially ...

Thread: Smart Carry in Board shorts

Smart Carry in Board shorts

Anybody doing this? How is it working out. I am considering it but I would like to hear from the smart carry crowd and especially those who wear board shorts.

Also if I purchase a smart carry for my wheel guns ( LCR/Cobra) which are about the same size, will I have issues if I decide to slip a P3AT in there?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Can't comment on the board shorts per se, but the trick with a SmartCarry for putting a smaller pistol in there is just to clip a safety pin at a point to keep the smaller firearm snug. I got one bigger than I have really ever carried and have always just had a safety pin in there.

Im wearing board shorts today, but i dont have a smart carry. I just have a little longer plaid shirt on and a desantis holster with my XDM in it. Nobody is the wiser. My galco summer comfort is even smaller than that. Im assuming you are wearing a shirt? if not i appologize. I think the shirt is the most important aspect of covering your firearm otherwise. I ordered a fusionpac holster which i think is a similar idea to the smart carry. Ill see if i like it and post up for others.

smart carry allows you NOT to wear a shirt, I only want information on smartcarry though

I use mine everyday but with casual office attire. IMO, It's the best deep concealment holster out there..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I have a Smartcarry, board shorts, and a P3AT, although I haven't tried that combination without a shirt. I bought mine for a G26. I think it will work fine for you, but my experience with the strap is that it will bother you a little on bare skin. The edge of the part that has the Velcro sewn on will be a little "scratchy". It also gets hot in all the wrong places when it's 90+ degrees. They tend to wear out quickly where it comes into contact with the front corner of the slide since all the weight rests there. You can prevent it by taking a small cotton cloth like the ones you clean glasses with and fold it up into a small square pad. Place it in the bottom of the holster where your barrel will rest. Can do the same for the spare mag to elevate it a little if needed. The thinner, lighter gun won't be as bad I"m sure. I don't use mine very often, but with board shorts and not shirt it might be your best option.

I carry in a belly band and I wear light shorts and button up shirts (texas) works great... BTW I carry a G23/26

As stated, you buy the Smartcarry for the largest gun you would use, and a safety pin will size it for anything smaller.

Try it, if you do not like it Charlie will take it back and refund your money, minus shipping.

It should conceal very well with board shorts - unless they get wet and clingy.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    What the heck are board shorts? I'm picturing a hippy surfer for some reason? Am I way off?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    What the heck are board shorts? I'm picturing a hippy surfer for some reason? Am I way off?
    +1 Picture please.

I have both the Smartcarry and Lightningwear. They are about the best concealment holsters you can get. I kinda prefer the material of the Lightningwear and the fact it's cooler and more ambidextrous. Don't know what "board shorts" are, (I assume they would getcha beat up here) but my thinking is that it would work with just about any kind of pants. Mine will work with everything from small 5 shot revolvers up to a Commander or a Glock, although a Glock would make me nervous due to the softness of the material.

If you don't live near water then you don't know. Any place that you would get beat up for wearing something is too ignorant and backwards for me to waste my time and money living there.

yeah, folks move here, and by the time they figure out they don't like it....they're too broke to move away! :)

I googled it and it would work fine. I's just kidding about gettin' beat up. The rattlesnakes and weeds might getcha though.

Links