Looking for holster help on Taurus Magnum 4" Tracker

This is a discussion on Looking for holster help on Taurus Magnum 4" Tracker within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up the Taurus Mag 22 Tracker. I am having a hard time finding ANY holsters for it. I am only looking for OWB. ...

Thread: Looking for holster help on Taurus Magnum 4" Tracker

Distinguished Member

Just picked up the Taurus Mag 22 Tracker. I am having a hard time finding ANY holsters for it. I am only looking for OWB. For now, I would prefer a polymer holster for the range but open to any suggestions at this point. Thanks!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I ran into the same problem when I bought my .44 Tracker. I could not find anything but leather and nylon. And leather definitely is preferrable to me. I ended up getting a Bianchi Shadow 2. It's a budget holster but works well. Let me know if you have any luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryar83 View Post
    I ran into the same problem when I bought my .44 Tracker. I could not find anything but leather and nylon. And leather definitely is preferrable to me. I ended up getting a Bianchi Shadow 2. It's a budget holster but works well. Let me know if you have any luck!
    How do you like your .44 tracker. I am thinking of buying one.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    How do you like your .44 tracker. I am thinking of buying one.
    I think it's a great gun. It's quite affordable for a .44 and compact for one as well with only a four inch barrel. It has a ported barrel and is surprisingly lightweight. I carried it on several hikes in Grand Teton National Park without a problem.
    The only drawbacks are the five shot cylinder capacity and the somewhat shorter cylinder. You can't shoot some of the heavier hot loads out there. Some ammo manufacturers actually specifically say to not shoot certain loads in the Taurus Tracker .44. So you just have to look out or those.
    Other than that, I think it's great.

Distinguished Member
    Found this on another forum. Sounds like we may have something here:
    "I cross indexed a couple of different makers and found that the holsters for S&W 686 are the same,so I guess my question is answered.According to the Galco site the holsters are the same SKU."

ps. Said the same with any K frame holster.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Sponsored Links