Holster for kahr cw45

Holster for kahr cw45

This is a discussion on Holster for kahr cw45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for input on a good holster for concealed carry of my cw45. The problem I have most of the time is if I use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holster for kahr cw45

Looking for input on a good holster for concealed carry of my cw45. The problem I have most of the time is if I use a iwb holster it seems to be to bulky looking on my side so I will move holster around to ride above my wallet but then I have the end on the grip sticking out off my back some which holds my shirt up and in my opinion is really not concealing the gun. other then sell the gun and buy something different with shorter grip how do I get around this. does anybody use the crossbread holster with this gun? would it hold the grip closer to my body if wearing back by my wallet? could you guys please show some pictures of the holster you use and how well in conceals with you wearing it. thanks.

By the way if anybody interested the kahr cw45 is a real shooter!

<God is the Alfa and Omega>

Location, location, location. If you position your IWB holster just slightly aft of the point of the hip bone, assuming it's a quality holster the butt of the gun shouldn't poke out at all. I frequently carry a 4" 1911 in a Sparks Summer Special under an untucked shirt with none of the problems you relate.

BTW, unless you're a big fan of that Italian marque, I'm thinking you probably meant to write "God is the Alpha and Omega," no?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thanks for the info. also thanks for spelling correction. does the grip on your gun hit amen setting in a chair?

<God is the Alpha and Omega>

Sorry when setting in a chair. I need to Prof read my phone before I send my post.

VIP Member
    You might also want to look at the Tucker Gunleather Cover up. IWB with adjustable cant. I carry a CZ P-01 and P-06 in one, and it holds the butt of the gun in tight using a forward cant. For my CW45 I have a holster made by a local holster maker. Unfortunately he does not have a website.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Depends on the chair and my posture. Sitting at a desk chair with arms, the butt may hit, but something like a dining room chair, no.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

This is a holster IWB that I made yesterday you can see i used a unique way to set the clip in the holster it allows one to swivel the gun into the most comfortable position and even adjust it while in the car or seated at the dinner table. I did allot of experimenting before I perfected this. I have made 5 just like it all for Kahr arms and everyone just raves about it. I put moleskin on the back for comfort and use a nice 5 Oz leather because it is thin. I like this better than Kydex which I have made. You can see how nice it hugs my body even with sweat pants.kahr iwb holster 1.jpgkahr iwb holster2.jpg

That is a good looking holster! Looks like you do nice work. Does the gun stay in place if you happen to be doing some physical work like bending over and picking something up or what if you are twisting around?

Sure does the leather is formed to the gun and the fact that it is in the waistband if you belt up it locks it in but not so much it hinders the draw. I have to work on the finish work just little bit but I am getting better, my 16 year old son does the sewing. I really enjoy working with the leather I have allot to learn.

The key to good holster is the leather and keep it simple.
    Last edited by Ramjet; April 10th, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

I have a CrossBreed MiniTuck for my Kahr PM9 and used it for about a year. Great holster, comfortable and thin, but I found that it wasn't as adjustable as I would have liked. I've since started using Remora holsters and I haven't gone back. It's very thin, infinitely adjustable and is simply the most comfortable holster I've owned. You can find glowing reviews on this forum and several others. If the Remora was my first holster, I wouldn't have a box full of holsters today.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Was looking into the remora holster that was suggest and find it hard to believe that moving around the holster stays put. what if I had to walk fast or even jog a little? Is the holster going to stay secure? If so might give one a try and see what happens.

Wisewolf,
    I've had a CW45 for nearly 3 months. While awaiting the arrival of my Sideguard "Tuck Clip" (Side Guard Holsters - IWB Leather Holsters), I've been using a Remora. Although the Remora is the model for a Officer's 1911, it has fit the CW45 quite well. I think the CW45 is light enough to work w/ a single clip holster like the "Tuck Clip." One thing I like about the "Tuck Clip" compared to a different single clip holster I have is the location of the clip. I think the "Tuck Clip" will have a thinner overall package w/ the offset clip instead of a clip that's inline w/ the body of the gun, like most single clip holsters. I should find out soon as the holster should arrive any day now.

A double clip holster will work also, but does take a little more time getting holstered up. If you're interested in a double clip holster, there are lots of them out there. I have one for a Commander 1911 (Lone Wolf-T - $98.00 : Woolfe, Gun Leather) and really like it.

I'm not having the problems you described. As previously mentioned, you probably just need to play around w/ the location some. Regarding the Remora, mine has been very stable. Surprising how little it moves w/ the activities you described. Mine doesn't not "tuck" well, but mine is the older, non-tucking version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisewolf View Post
    Was looking into the remora holster that was suggest and find it hard to believe that moving around the holster stays put. what if I had to walk fast or even jog a little? Is the holster going to stay secure? If so might give one a try and see what happens.
    - It stays put. I've run across the street many times with the Remora on and it doesn't shift. I can't guarantee it won't move in sweat pants since I don't wear them. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Brommeland Max-Con V on a Wilderness Instructor belt, 3:00 for strong-side carry. The pics while wearing are at the end of the video.
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I think I am going to order a remora and try it out. Everybody on the internet seems to have nothing but good things to say about them. If nothing else it would be one more carry option, and if I do feel like I will be running for my life ( to many zombies ) :-) I have other holsters I can wear that just don't conceal as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links