OWB for MP 9 full size

This is a discussion on OWB for MP 9 full size within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any nice holsters for a full size MP9 OWB only. I was thinking serpa, or safariland....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OWB for MP 9 full size

OWB for MP 9 full size

Anyone have any nice holsters for a full size MP9 OWB only. I was thinking serpa, or safariland.

2. Remove Ads

Check out Dale Fricke Holsters. I have the archangel iwb and love it. I am sure his owb holsters are just as good.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

^ I have a thumb break DeSantis holster for my XDM that is similar to that (it has two separate slots on the front side for adjusted cant). It is VERY comfortable, but I find I dont have many shirts long enough to cover it. But the comfort is outstanding.

If.you are looking for a retention holster, Safariland ALS is the way to go.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FatPants View Post
    If.you are looking for a retention holster, Safariland ALS is the way to go.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    any certain models? I OC alot. So retention is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    any certain models? I OC alot. So retention is good.
    I like the 6377.

I feel the 6378 paddle is a poor design.

I had great success with the Galco Cop 3 slot holster. One of the better designs for concealed carry as the way they cut it keeps it very tight to the body and has a slim profile. If you don't like thumb break holsters, the Galco concealable is another great designed holster. Of course, the custom guys are the best around. Sparks, Rosen and others are amazing if you can stand the wait.

6377 on a 1 inch drop belt loop, I love it

I OC my M&P in a SERPA paddle. It works fine for that and is reasonably comfortable, but it's basically worthless for concealment because it doesn't keep the gun close to the body. About the only way I could CC with it is to wear a loose windbreaker and leave it unzipped. I personally don't care for Safariland holsters.

I've been eying the Don Hume H721-OT as a more-concealable OWB option. It's very reasonably-priced for an all-leather holster.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

My OWB holster is the Safariland 6378 ALS holster. It came with both the belt slide attachment and a paddle attachment and both have adjustable cant. It is an excellent holster. I have worn it using both attachment methods and currently have the paddle attachment on it, it really locks onto the belt.

sgb
    Another vote for the 6377. Excellent holster. In addition you can install the ALS guard making it a level 2 retention (which I've done).
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Another vote for the 6377. Excellent holster. In addition you can install the ALS guard making it a level 2 retention (which I've done).
    Isn't it a level 2 already?

Yea the guard would make it level three as it has the lock(level 2) tension screw(level 1)

Quote Originally Posted by jwinkeler View Post
    Yea the guard would make it level three as it has the lock(level 2) tension screw(level 1)
    Does the 6377 have a model with hood in place already? If not do you know of a model number for the guard? I searched and got three results for models that fit different models but none list the 6377.

There is this holster Safariland Model 6365 ALS Level III Retention Duty Holster w/ Drop UBL however I don't want a drop holster. I have a serpa for my Glock and I like the mid ride.

I guess though it might be cheaper to get the 6377 and then the guard. Does anyone have a picture of the 6377 with guard inplace?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links