Defensive Carry banner

Anyone wear "A BETTER BELT USA" brand holster belt??

15K views 78 replies 45 participants last post by  Bigmac31391 
#1 ·
#64 ·
I usually wear the Perfect Fit model. I absolutely love it. I have several gun belts but it is the best. It is made out of 3 pieces and that allows heavier material to be used because of the joints.

#65 ·
I have one, used it for a year, double stitched ultimate gun belt with kydex reinforcement, Love it. one minor complaint though, it came on the large size. followed their sizing to a T but I have to use the very last hole.

#66 ·
I have the same belt as you. If you call them and explain the size issue you can send it back for them to make shorter for a very small price. Their customer service is excellent.

#70 ·
Thanks for the offer, but it's a very minor issue. I love the belt, and can drill a new hole if I need one. it most certainly does not detract from my appreciation of the fine product. when this one wears out, I'll buy another from you in a heartbeat.

#72 ·
I have two (one brown, one black), been using them almost a year.

They're definitely among the very best premium leather dress gun belts I've owned, and I've owned about two dozen of them from various makers over a thirty year period. (Lou Alessi's were the very best, but he's gone now.)

#73 ·
Nope not me.

#74 ·
Well I think I'll be ordering another one soon. Last year I ordered their do-it-yourself. Its been a good belt. I order a little big for iwb carry , but most of the time I carry owb. That and I've lost some weight and running out of rooms to poke holes without having too much extra belt . I see where they have reinforcement and kind of wonder if that would make it too stiff or be better than what I currently have. I usually wear my 229 on it and haven't had an issue with the non reinforced.

I think this next time I'm going to order cordovan.

#76 ·
I see where they have reinforcement and kind of wonder if that would make it too stiff or be better than what I currently have. I usually wear my 229 on it and haven't had an issue with the non reinforced.

Quality internal reinforcement for belts SHOULD perform two jobs. Job 1 is to obtain the correct level of stiffness for the style of carry and weight of equipment. Job 2 is to maintain that level. Unfortunately, in many cases, job 1 is not considered and reinforcement is used to the extreme.

Non-reinforced leather belts begin to "break-in" from the first time you put them on. The break in process never stops and your belt eventually becomes too limp to do its intended job. If your non-reinforced belt is too stiff for your needs in the beginning you'll sacrifice some comfort, but your belt will function well for a long time as it "breaks-in". If your non-reinforced belt is perfect for your needs in the beginning, what will the break-in process do to it then? and how quickly?

The correct reinforcement will greatly reduce or eliminate break-in as well as its effects. The correct reinforcement will also greatly increase the functional lifespan of your belt.

#77 ·
Well I just placed an order for my new belt. My first one from them is almost a year old and holding up good. It was a do it yourself one.

This time stepped up a little bit and ordered the deep grain in cordovan with liner. Looking forward to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.