Defensive Carry banner

Anyone wear "A BETTER BELT USA" brand holster belt??

15K views 78 replies 45 participants last post by  Bigmac31391 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have three of them, two of them were sent to me for free, they are the best company out there IMHO, their belts arent any thicker than other MFGS belts, and they work great, I cant say enough about a better belt usa, they are worth the money, the customer service is top notch...

#4 ·
Glad to hear. I am looking to order one and most of the mfrs have a long lead time to ship and I don't want to wait 8-16 weeks for a belt. Their quality looks to be very good with similar options. Most dual layer Bullhide belts I've seen advertised are the same 1/4" thickness.

#5 ·
I'm wearing one right now and have another one at home. Excellent quality and customer service. They are a decent price too! Lots of options. I have a double stitched rough rider I really like. My single stitch Ultimate belt is what I'm wearing today and it is great as well. I definitely recommend them.

#7 ·
I don't know about pancake holsters but I can try my owb clament holster again to see tonight. It might stick out slightly further but without double layer you are going to want something very rigid to hang your holster on. I'm in central WI as well, shipping time from them in TX was only about a week!

#9 ·
Just ordered tonight. They offer Horsehide lining free, free shipping if you put "tell a friend" in the comments, and will put 7 holes 3/4" apart rather than 5 holes 1" apart if you request it. I will post a pic once it arrives. Not a bad price and should be here withing 2 weeks.

#10 ·
All I can say is "Awesome Belt, Awesome cutomer service!" I ordered my belt April 15th in the evening and it arrived yesterday-6 days later. I sent questions about their belts via email and Tracy was quick to respond. I had made a mistake on my order and sent an email minutes later to try to correct and she responded minutes later saying she corrected my order. Their customer service is superb. It was shipped priority mail and wrapped in bubble wrap. The belt is perfect and exactly as I had requested. The quality is outstanding and flawless. I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend A Better Belt USA!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/HFJeff/SAM_1226.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/HFJeff/SAM_1227.jpg

#16 ·
If I had more time on my hands I would have offered to meet up with ya and show you the belts I ordered from them. I'm glad you're happy. I love my belts from A Better Belt. My old belts are a joke. That Gryphon looks wild! I have rough rider and ultimate and am looking for a reason to add another, wearing one currently.

#11 ·
I have been checking their site out. Not that there is anything wrong with my Beltman, but I think I'm going to give these guys a try for my next gunbelt.

#12 ·
There are many great belt makers out there that make excellent quality products. I just didn't want to wait 8-16 weeks for a belt so I checked with Better belt and they claimed shipping within 2 weeks. I received 6 days after ordering. They also offer free priority shipping (put code in to receive), free upgrade to horsehide inner layer, and reasonable prices. I am also very fussy with some items and their quality is top notch. Their response time to emails was very quick-minutes in my case. I am very satisfied. I definitely recommend them. ,

#13 ·
a-better-belt-usa-1.png

I've been lurking for a year, and finally decided I should join and add a comment. Thank you all for the kind words and positive reviews. Tracy and I are committed to 100% customer satisfaction. Our reputation will always be more important than our bank account. Yes, we are in business to make a buck, but never at the expense of our integrity.

We always love reading the reviews we get. Especially the ones about our customer service. It seems these days that many companies forget about how important their customers really are. If we ever fall into that trap, please give us a kick in the pants to remind us.

~Mike

#15 ·
The Gryphon belt looks awesome, and I will be ordering one. Too bad my "mad money" is being saved for vacation next week.

#28 ·
Gryphon

First, thank you all for the compliments on our belts. As always, we are dedicated to quality and service.

The Gryphon is a concept we are still reworking, and expect to release the new version by years end. It worked great with clip on equipment, but had a problem with some "belt slide" gear.

Our newest belt, The Perfect Belt, is the first real innovation in leather gun belts for decades.

Check us out, and thanks again,

Mike

#18 ·
Just recieved my second belt and I can't say enough about these belts and their customer service. If you want a first rate belt at a good price and looks great,
look no further. I have several other gun belts that will now decorate my closet...I will only use these from now on.

#23 ·
They are a great small business and seem to really care about craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. I call it a bargain for $70 total when you get a reinforced dual layer bullhide belt w/ roller buckle delivered in less than a week. In fairness they specify it can take up to two weeks to ship but they try to ship quickly. I am saving for the ultimate belt next...

#24 ·
I'm going to order the dress belt first, as I have (2) other regular carry belts now. The "Ultimate" will be my next! Don't have a "dress carry" belt now for those RARE occasions!

#25 ·
I have been wearing a 1 3/4" dark brown shark skin covered leather gun belt almost every day since August of 2009. David Galloway at Little Bear Holsters built this belt for me when he was still in business in Florida. This belt looks new and I can wear it dressed up or just in jeans.
Okay, it was not cheap at $95.00 however, with horse hide for the base/ inside, the belt shows no wear.
Being a 1/4" thick, I do not think this belt will ever bend or fold over.

One belt serves me instead of investing into two belts.

So I guess what I am saying is to look at exotic leathers from holster makers before choosing your belt.

JBPDXOR

#26 ·
I ordered one of their belt kits where you dye it yourself. Got double stitching for a stronger belt. Takes a bit of work finishing it. You need to bevel it then use a dye prep then dye it, then put on some sealer, then put gum tragacanth on the edges, then use a edge slicker over the gum tragacanth. It isn't really hard to do. If you do it this way you have a really professional looking belt.
Of course if you want you can just dye it and seal it. But I like doing a good job. To be honest if I buy another I will buy one already finished. But this one was well made, and I finished it properly.

:wave:

#30 ·
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We sent several of these out for test before I tried one myself (didn't want to muddy the review waters with any of my opinions). After three months, the reviews were so good I wondered if people were just being nice. Finally tried one myself, and all I could think was WOW! The only complaint I had was it took me a week to get used to feeling the belt tight up against my back. I've been wearing mine for five months now, and it shows absolutely NO WEAR other than the hump where the sizing hole end meets the buckle. Looks brand new otherwise.

#31 ·
Got my belt in, well under the quoted two week delivery time frame. Very nice product, and for less money than the competition.

I've been using a 1 1/2" Crossbreed belt. While I've had no complaints out of it, this 1 3/4" single stitch belt from A Better Belt does a much better job supporting my 5" steel 1911 in a SS II.

Buy with confidence guys, these are great belts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.