Business Attire

This is a discussion on Business Attire within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am awaiting my CHL and am trying to figure out how and what I am going to be carrying. I have thought about pocket ...

Thread: Business Attire

Business Attire

I am awaiting my CHL and am trying to figure out how and what I am going to be carrying. I have thought about pocket carry and had just about decided that was the way to go, but am now questioning if I can pocket carry a Kel-Tec P11 or PF9 (if it ever is released) without it showing in my business attire. I really don't want anyone knowing that I am carrying and my dress is business casual to work. Here is my typical business attire: Black or Khaki colored slacks with a short or long sleeved dress shirt. I am 6'5", so I am a big guy. I just came across this Kangaroo holster:
    http://www.kangarooind.com/

I am wondering if this will work so I can carry a bigger gun while not being noticed. Does anyone have this? Any other ideas?

Also, I cannot wear a coat or jacket while in the office...I live in the SW and we just don't do that here. :-)

2. Remove Ads

One more thing...I currently own a Ruger P95DC so if you have any ideas that include me using that for carry, that would be great!

You might try an IWB tuckable holser from Tucker Gunleather. http://www.tuckergunleather.com Another opion is a belly band type holster.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

i'd go IWB, tuckable. get a nice, thin auto. i have an XD 9 sc and it's a little thick. Take a look at the Kahr, single stack 1911. I think the bersa/firestorm has some nice "thinner" options. i love my bersa .380.
    The Tucker Answer, the Comptac or the crossbreed are all good options.
    or, some of those small ones (Kahr, bersa .380), offer some really nice ankle carry options, too.

Quote Originally Posted by koolguynet View Post
    I am awaiting my CHL and am trying to figure out how and what I am going to be carrying. I have thought about pocket carry and had just about decided that was the way to go, but am now questioning if I can pocket carry a Kel-Tec P11 or PF9 (if it ever is released) without it showing in my business attire. I really don't want anyone knowing that I am carrying and my dress is business casual to work. Here is my typical business attire: Black or Khaki colored slacks with a short or long sleeved dress shirt. I am 6'5", so I am a big guy. I just came across this Kangaroo holster:
    http://www.kangarooind.com/

I am wondering if this will work so I can carry a bigger gun while not being noticed. Does anyone have this? Any other ideas?

Also, I cannot wear a coat or jacket while in the office...I live in the SW and we just don't do that here. :-)

The kangaroo works great for my Kahr PM9. Does not work that well for my XD service. I once called the guy who makes these and he did say that they make a larger version for bigger guns.

Sam Andrews at www.andrewsleather.com makes a superb pocket holster. I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II, 3" .45 ACP, in one in all of my britches including jeans. All that shows is a bulge as if you had your wallet in your front pocket.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I comfortably conceal and carry my Glock 26 with SmartCarry when dressed business casual. It works particularly well with pleated Docker-style slacks, since if the end of the grip tries to print, the pleats serve to keep it hidden.

If you're not a believer in SmartCarry, before you scoff give it a try on their 60-day free trial: http://www.smartcarry.com/

Another option, given that you don't wear a jacket, is a belly band. There are other ways to use a belly band, but I prefer to wear mine such that the gun is positioned under my left armpit in a crossdraw location (I'm right-handed). My favorite product is the Gould & Goodrich belly band: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum881.php

Good luck with choice of both firearm and holster!
    Last edited by JimmyC4; September 3rd, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I would suggest that you do a search for either business attire or the phrase UC Comfort. Not to long ago we discussed this topic and alot was covered. I use a t-shirt holster on duty due to the dress code (business causal) and need for keeping it concealed with no tell tail signs. Tuckable holsters are nice, but all leave signs that get noticed by those who look for things out of place. When it comes to folks not seeing my weapon and it being accessable to me rappidly I go with a t-shirt holster (my choice being a UC Comfort or one made myself). I have seen other agents go through holster after holster most costing over $100 each before they end up with a UC Comfort. I will also recommend the "A Better Holster" as a friend has one and it appears to be good quality. In previous post I have gone through the fine points and posted picutes. Good luck and keep it covered till its time to play.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Pleated slacks help me pocket carry my Glock 26 in a small pocket holster. I'm small, say 5'8" and 150 pounds, so with your size, you could pull it off.

I do spend a lot of time shopping for slacks that have large enough (deep and wide) pockets...........Good luck!

I carry a glock 26 in a Kangaroo holster. 22oz roughly. I would not want to carry anything heavier than that in it. Here is a link for a UC
    http://www.uccomfort.com/3XHHolster.html

J.S.

I second the smartcarry, only I don't have or like pleated pants so I wear it slung around to the side at the 3:30 position and use it like a normal IWB holster, (i.e. full firing grip above the beltline) tucking my shirt in over it all. Works like a charm!

Links