Ankle Holster for Sig p238

This is a discussion on Ankle Holster for Sig p238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new p238 to which I am looking for the perfect ankle holster. My work does not allow for hip carry, shoulder carry ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boracho

Thread: Ankle Holster for Sig p238

Ankle Holster for Sig p238

I have a new p238 to which I am looking for the perfect ankle holster. My work does not allow for hip carry, shoulder carry or carry shirts. It has to be ankle. A friend suggested staying away from those with the extra support above calf, because of chafing and periodically we ride motorcycle. Am looking for the experience in this forum. Any good ones?

Thank you in advance!

2. Remove Ads

The best thing I've found so far in regards to ankle holsters would be the Galco Cop Ankle Band holster. Having said that, the Sig 238 looks to me the perfect pocket carry gun. Much easier access than with an ankle holster. I stopped using it when an occasion presented itself where a guy kind of snuck up on me in a parking lot. Nothing happened, fortunately. But if I would have needed my weapon, it felt like it was a thousand miles away, strapped on my ankle...

But if that's the way you've elected, I don't think you can beat that ankle rig from Galco.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I use the Galco Cop Ankle Band for my P238. I actually have a review on it that I'll post soon. Overall, I like it. I researched for a while before "pulling the trigger" I will say that I am only comfortable in it for about 3-4 hours. I also ride a motorcycle ( yes, yes, I AM one cool chick :) ) as well as a petal bike and it has been just fine. I do, however, wish that Galco made an Ankle Glove type holster for the P238. That looks really comfortable. Here is the review I did on the Crossbreed MiniTuck for the P238 if that helps you at all. I will be doing a video review on the Cop Ankle Band soon as well if that helps...

From what I understand, Alessi is the way to go as far as ankle holsters.

Links