Tuckable IWB holster with leather belt loop? Is there one?

This is a discussion on Tuckable IWB holster with leather belt loop? Is there one? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't care about a metal or kydex clip if I'm letting a shirt hang over it but for tucking in a shirt the clip ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tuckable IWB holster with leather belt loop? Is there one?

I don't care about a metal or kydex clip if I'm letting a shirt hang over it but for tucking in a shirt the clip on my high noon (metal) sticks out in my opinion and I was thinking a leather loop might look like either part of the belt or something natural to be on a belt. Interchangeable loops (black/brown) would even be better!

Looking for suggestions on something with one leather loop for my cm9.

I'm trying to stay away from j clips. Thanks!

Untitled Document that is along the lines (or exactly) what I am looking for but just looking for other options. Also would like a reinforced mouth.

Or does com tac or any other manufacturer have a tuckable belt loop add on clip that could be used with a com tac or theis holster to do what I'm suggesting?

I recently did an extensive internet search of IWB holsters. Ended up getting the crossbreed with the metal clips. During the search, I did not come across and IWB tuckable holsters with leather loops. Wore the holster around the house to break it in, and my wife noticed the metal clips within an hour of me wearing it. If you find one, let me know. The think the leather loops would look less conspicuous. I didn't like the j-clips either. The metal cliips work great, but they are noticable and scratch th belt

Here's a tuckable that comes w/ metal clips and leather loops.
    http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-Make/SW/ACE-1-SW-MP9-C#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/3/
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Was going to just post a shtf link
    https://www.shtfgear.com/exras/LBL

Those might work on a theis holster.

akahrt,
    I recently searched for a single, offset clip, tuckable holster for a Kahr CW45. There aren't many out there. Seems like I didn't see many single loop, tuckable holsters either, but I'm sure I missed some. Seems like most of the leather loop holsters I remember seeing had double loops and were not tuckable. I ended up ordering the "Tuck Clip" from Side Guard Holsters.
    Side Guard Holsters - IWB Leather Holsters. I'm really looking forward to it's arrival.

On the same page as above, they also have a single loop, tuckable version called the "Tuck Snap." You might want to check it out. Side Guard seems to have a nice following on this site.

While it involves another compromise, V-Clips (Velcro) are even less conspicuous than leather loops would be. They work well for me.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

VIP Member
    I'm trying to picture in my mind how a holster looped to an outside-the-waistband belt will allow for a tuck, and am drawing a blank, unless the loop is attached to the bottom of the holster and looped back up over top and out, making it more of a lanyard than an actual means of securing the holster.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Typically the loop connects to a separate piece of leather that lays next to the rest of the holster. You tuck between this piece the and main holster body.

Clay at SHTF Gear,he's here on DC,offers them as an option on his holsters.
    barstoolguru likes this.

Those side guards are nice! I'm going with the shtf part to see if it works. Big I hadn't already ordered the loops I probably would order the tuck snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm trying to picture in my mind how a holster looped to an outside-the-waistband belt will allow for a tuck, and am drawing a blank, unless the loop is attached to the bottom of the holster and looped back up over top and out, making it more of a lanyard than an actual means of securing the holster.
    I think I'm kind of close to figuring one out. You have to play some tricks with the angles and direction of the leather strap. I'm not so sure if it would be well received or not. Right now I can wear the holster OWB or IWB with different leather straps. I have not tried to make the tuckable straps yet. I need to try. I've not seen any out there either. The solution might be more trouble than most folks are willing to go to. And I don't see being able to do a single loop. Seems that would allow too much movement in the holster position. A loop does not clamp down on the belt like a clip would.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

That makes sense about one vs two loop. Something fairly rigid could be what the loops attach to possibly.

Old School and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links