They Are Here! Pictures Added

This is a discussion on They Are Here! Pictures Added within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Vary nice....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They Are Here! Pictures Added

Vary nice.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Those look real nice! The next time I need a holster..........
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

New Babies

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    a tear to my eye...like a new kid!
    Congrats on the new arrival!

ret
    LOL!

Nice looking rigs, Dr.!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    That's some nice leather George, looks like your 239s are well set for carry for years to come. How close do those clip on mag pouches ride when you're trying to conceal the rig? More great examples of Kevin's work.
    Jack
    Jack, I carry the mag pouches behind the left hip and they ride close enough that I am going to have to get used to the base plate poking me. If the base plate were the same width as the mag it would still be touching me. Maybe by this week-end I can get some time and have the wife take some pictures of the two rigs in use. I'll be spending some time in the next few days getting the IWB adjusted so that when the pictures are taken they will be a true representation of what I really do. I've got the paddle on right now at about 4 and it is comfortable. I am surprised how tightly it tucks the grip into my body. Good stuff.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Great set up. I am waiting on an outfit from El Paso Sadlery and when I recieve it , I'll take pics and post.

George,
    on the paddle holster with the blade-tech thing on it.. how does that work? Do you slip the BT(blade-tech) peice into your waistband ? Im curious about that peice, how it works, how you like it, etc.

(added) In asking my question I forgot to say nice rigs, they look very well made. I actually looked at a 239 before, but never purchased it.. how do you like that too?
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Lead Moderator
    Very nice looking rigs. Florida guy, yes the plastic paddle slips between your body and your pants/belt. Alot of how well the holster is made depends on how well the paddle stays put.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    George,
    on the paddle holster with the blade-tech thing on it.. how does that work? Do you slip the BT(blade-tech) peice into your waistband ? Im curious about that peice, how it works, how you like it, etc.

(added) In asking my question I forgot to say nice rigs, they look very well made. I actually looked at a 239 before, but never purchased it.. how do you like that too?
    The Blade-Tech paddle that Kevin uses on his paddle holsters works really well. You can't see it on the pictures too well, but there is a lug beneath the screw at the bottom of the paddle. This lug has an angled top with the high part being away from the paddle. That way when you slip the paddle holster on over the waistband the lug hooks under the belt from inside the pants. The lug is adjustable for belt width.

Kevin uses the Blade-Tech paddle for several reasons: it is adjustable for belt width, it has adjustable cant, and the lug makes it very secure. It is possible to slide the paddle holster forward or backward while it is on, but it usually requires that you pull the bottom of the paddle out from under the belt. It does not move to any appreciable extent when being worn. Moving it requires a conscious effort.

As to the P239, I am partial to single stack mags and that is what first attracted me to the P239. I bought a 9mm in late April and I liked it so much that I decided I wanted a .357SIG version as well. I found one in June. Now I have two and am searching for another. My wife wants one. I have a dealer searching for one in any caliber for her. The .357SIG round has become my favorite since I got the P239 in that. Right now my wife has it while I trying to find her one.

I have pistols in 9mm and 10mm as well. The 10mm is a great round, but the pistol for obvious reasons must be large for obvious reasons. The P239 is medium sized and comes in 9mm, .40, and .357SIG so it fits most of my needs. I am going to get a 10 round mag for my 9mm. I carry the 9mm most of the time because of its greater capacity. With a 10 round mag, the standard 8 round mag and one in the chamber that gives me 19 rounds in a compact package. The .357SIG is what I normally carry at home. Two 7 round mags and one in the chamber gives me 15 rounds, but I am never more than 10 to 15 feet from another fire arm when in the house.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Kevin's stuff is always worth the wait.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I have three holsters on order from Kevin (already have 5 of his) - two of them might be here by the end of this month and the last one probably another month after that! His craftsmanship is excellent - but his customer service cannot be beat!!

Enjoy you two new friends!!

Very nice looking rig dr_cmg. Posting those pics has not helped my waiting period and impatience AT ALL!!
    This is my first custom gear. I may need to order some for my G27 somewhere down the road a bit.

Ron

Assistant Administrator
    Ahaha - now I see the pics.! Outstanding

I happen to love that burgundy rig - similar to a rig Kevin made me for the SP-101. Can't help admiring good leatherwork - and heck - we are spoiled on CC with the number of master craftsmen.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congtatulations on acquiring a great looking carry rig.
    Big Bubba
    Proud Life Member of the NRA
    Certified OC Pepper Spray Instructor

VIP Member
    Those are nice! I have bought 4 of his holsters in the past 2 years and I am very pleased with each of them.

Dewayne

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Those are bad to the bone!!!
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links