Smartcarry?

This is a discussion on Smartcarry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to the world of CC. I just got my permit last week. I have a G19 which I love... I also have a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Smartcarry?

Smartcarry?

I'm new to the world of CC. I just got my permit last week.

I have a G19 which I love... I also have a Galco Kingtuck IWB holster for it. It works great dressing casual.. but I was looking at other options for while I am at work. I don't wear a full suit, but I wear dress pants and a polo shirt. I feel as if the Galco makes me print more than I would like at work (dress pants are more fitting than jeans.) I was looking at the Smartcarry holster for those times when I need to "dress up."

Does anyone currently use the Smartcarry? The only thing that worries me is carrying with one in the pipe with this holster. It seems soft enough where the trigger could be pulled accidentally. Is that just parinoia?

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Ads

Not in my book. I just can't get over a loaded gun pointed at my junk, especially one with a relatively easy trigger pull and no safety.

They make IWB holster called " tuckables " where the shirt can be tucked in concealing the piece.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Yah, soft holsters and unprotected triggers give me the heebie-jeebies. It just seems entirely likely that something could bunch up in that trigger guard.

Given that I'm not going to carry on an empty chamber, a hard holster that protects the trigger gives me great peace of mind.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Yea I agree. Do you guys have any other good ideas for concealment while wearing dress clothes that are more fitted than jeans?

Thanks for the help.

PS- WHEC724.. did you serve on the Munro? I'm in the USCG too.

Stay away from it! I had one and generally disliked it in all aspects . But, it was free so I could not argue with the price. Like the gentlemen said above if you carry with one in the hole I advise some sort of trigger protection. I also own the Galco kingtuk. I know you can tuck your shirt in with that holster, so have you tried adjusting the screws to the lower setting? It should give you better concealablity. Good Luck!
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC
    Taurus Millennium Pro 140

No, I haven't tried that yet turboer. I'll do that today. Can't believe I didn't think of that

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmf0925 View Post
    Yea I agree. Do you guys have any other good ideas for concealment while wearing dress clothes that are more fitted than jeans?

Thanks for the help.

PS- WHEC724.. did you serve on the Munro? I'm in the USCG too.
    Yup. That ship hated me and did everything it could to try'n kill me.

Do a search on tuckable holsters. They don't work for me because even now, I still do a military-tuck on my shirts.

I find that pocket carry works best for me on dress clothes. It's all a huge topic. It's best just to accept that you'll wind up buying some useless holsters in your search for what works best for you. We all have a large box of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. That ship hated me and did everything it could to try'n kill me.

Do a search on tuckable holsters. They don't work for me because even now, I still do a military-tuck on my shirts.

I find that pocket carry works best for me on dress clothes. It's all a huge topic. It's best just to accept that you'll wind up buying some useless holsters in your search for what works best for you. We all have a large box of them.
    Sounds good. Thanks for all the help, and thanks for your service! I've heard a lot of interesting things about the Munro

Sorry I just reread my post .... Just to make it a bit clearer when I stated lower setting I was referring to adjusting the clips to lower you holster in reference to your waistband. Hope this helps and saves you from having to buy a different holster.
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC

I carry in a belly band and it is semi soft so I carry with a Saf-T-Blok or a mic holster to protect the trigger. The saf-t-blok works well as does the mic. The only problem with the mic is if it doesn't have a strong anchor point (belt, belt loop) it's doesn't come off as fast as you might need it to

Kmfo92 my kingtuk came set at the highest level. I adjusted it to the lowest and it works great!
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC

Well, I have mine on as I type this and my Kahr CM9 is riding comfortably, and hey, I still have my junk. The trigger pull on the Kahr is much longer than the Glock though so I can see were it would make some uncomfortable.. For office attire, it's my belly band or the smartcarry for me. I will admit though; it would suck to take a hit to the junk..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Well, I have mine on as I type this and my Kahr CM9 is riding comfortably, and hey, I still have my junk. The trigger pull on the Kahr is much longer than the Glock though so I can see were it would make some uncomfortable.. For office attire, it's my belly band or the smartcarry for me. I will admit though; it would suck to take a hit to the junk..
    I agree sir! Taking a hit to the junk would defenatly suck!
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC

I like my SmartCarry. It's the only way I can carry when wearing slacks and a polo shirt -- as I usually do. The fabric's thick enough that the trigger is well protected, and it holds my Kahr CW9 securely.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I have a smartcarry and although my IWB holster is a little faster on the draw, I am usually riding my cruiser and don't like carrying on my waist. Long as I have good SA I'll lean towards concealment over draw speed. Plus no one is going to be staring at my crotch wondering if I'm carrying or just happy to see them
    calee likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links