IWB for M&P Shield

This is a discussion on IWB for M&P Shield within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; old faithful is making holsters for the shield. they are crossbreed like Inside Waistband Holsters - Conceal Carry Holsters - Appendix Carry Holsters - Cross ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: IWB for M&P Shield

old faithful is making holsters for the shield. they are crossbreed like
    Inside Waistband Holsters - Conceal Carry Holsters - Appendix Carry Holsters - Cross Draw Holsters - Gun Belts

crossbreed has them as well

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If nothing else they are pretty cheap so your only out like 30 bucks if you don't like it.
    Not really because they will let you return it and issue a refund if you don't like it. I would imagine that you'd be out the shipping cost but not the whole cost (unless they refund that too).
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I will be picking up a Shield next week and will start making holsters like this for it.

Take care,

Rick

TopsCustomKydex@gmail.com

[IMG][/IMG]

We have almost our entire line for the MP Shield.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by McCabe View Post
    Here's the IWBs I'm making for the Shield. I'm making them in a "standard" configuration which is my most popular style so that I can make them quicker and cut the wait times down to either no time or very short. They will still be available with all of my other options but those orders will be filled normally so the wait time will be the normal time.
    This "standard" configuration is a Tuckable IWB with sweatshield in black or Mahogany
    I like your holsters for the shield, but I'd really like to have one that covers more of the gun. Specifically, I'd like to have one that covers the entire back of the gun, so that the clip is very close to the end of the slide (for much deeper cover). Could you do something like that?
    Last edited by dnilson; April 21st, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, 30SF, 36, Colt 1911 Govt. (all .45 ACP), S&W M&P Shield (9 mm), S&W M&P (.22)
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357mag/.38SP), Taurus Judge (.410 Gauge/.45 LC)
    Long guns: Daniel Defense AR15s, M4V4 and M4V5 (both 5.56), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22LR)

Has anyone tried the Desantis Insider? I'm very tempted to go ahead and order one! If you can't tell, I'm itching to get a holster NOW and unfortunately, at least around here, holsters and other types of equipment are scarce EVERYWHERE! Also, what are most of you getting...molded or unmolded holsters?
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, 30SF, 36, Colt 1911 Govt. (all .45 ACP), S&W M&P Shield (9 mm), S&W M&P (.22)
    Long guns: Daniel Defense AR15s, M4V4 and M4V5 (both 5.56), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22LR)

Well, I went ahead and ordered two of the "Insiders"!! I got one for my weak side and one for my strong side. That way, depending on my clothing (I'm a woman), if I can't carry my primary (Glock 23), I can at least carry the Shield on my strong side. For my primary, I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC with the carbon fiber finish. I LOVE this holster!!! The locking mechanism is sweet and it is slim, sleek and just pretty cool looking! I also have matching mag holsters and recently ordered a couple more for the Shield!!! Just order the single stack 9mm. Also, since my G23 is a double stack and the Shield is a single stack, I won't have to worry about grabbing the wrong magazine! You can now order extra mags for the Shield. S&W says they're on back order, but it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks, so I went ahead and ordered some extra 8 round mags. When I get the "Insiders", I'll report back. I thought they were the best one's (so far), to go with because they're padded so there's no imprinting and the clip is really high so you should get extremely deep cover. Plus they were pretty cheap ($28). So if I don't like them, I won't be out that much cash!

Took a couple of pics of my Shield in a Sticky Holster seen here:

M&P Shield: Sticky Holster / M&P 40 Full Size Remora Holster (pics)

Back in January when I purchased my M&P 9C, I had bought a Deantis Intruder IWB for that gun. Believe it or not, even with the slide being not as thick, the Shield fits right in it without sliding out. I am using this holster for the Shield for now until White Hat Holsters from Texas build a Kydex for the Shield.

I got my Remora today in the mail. SUUUUUPER comfy. I think I ordered wrong and got the normal 4-A, not the 4-RFT-A (with the reinforced top). I'm not 100% sure if I'll swap out or not yet, I'll probably call Remora tomorrow and see if they recommend either or over the other for the Shield.

They are super nice to talk to on the phone. The extra magazine holder (they sent me for free without even asking) is really nice as well. I will definitely use them again!
    multistage likes this.

Pics?

I just received an email from Alan and told me the 6ART fit better the shield.. so not sure now how good those models fit the shield..

I saw the post of Pacman and the stickyholster seems to fix perfectly the shield and seems slimmer too..

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Here's the IWBs I'm making for the Shield. I'm making them in a "standard" configuration which is my most popular style so that I can make them quicker and cut the wait times down to either no time or very short. They will still be available with all of my other options but those orders will be filled normally so the wait time will be the normal time.
    This "standard" configuration is a Tuckable IWB with sweatshield in black or Mahogany.

I have ordered one of these for mine. I wish it rode a little higher, and the design is not my favorite (I like a single, rear-placed offset loop for IWB), but it looks like a quality holster for a new gun, and it was available. I also have a belt holster on the way from Steve McElroy, but that will probably take a couple weeks, whereas Mr. McCabe had the foresight to make a bunch to have in stock.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I also ordered one from McCabe and got it last Thursday. I have been wearing it everyday since. I have never used a holster with one clip and I'm undecided if I like this style or not. I am getting more used to it the more I have wore it. The holster itself I feel is very nice craftsmanship and if you like this style holster I wouldn't be afraid to buy one from him. I feel like he takes pride in his work.

This "standard" configuration is a Tuckable IWB with sweatshield in black or Mahogany.

Remora 4A-RFT-ART.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Made my own holster

My first holster I bought for my shield was a Blackhawk tuckable. It works fine I just wanted to see if I could make my own. I have about $15 in materials and this is what I came up with. It's a little rough around the edges but it's surprisingly comfortable.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links