IWB for M&P Shield

This is a discussion on IWB for M&P Shield within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody pick one up yet that they like? I know it's a REALLY new gun, but there are holsters out there for it.... just wondered ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: IWB for M&P Shield

IWB for M&P Shield

Anybody pick one up yet that they like? I know it's a REALLY new gun, but there are holsters out there for it.... just wondered what other folks were using.

2. Remove Ads

Okay, well after no responses I went ahead and purchased the Blackhawk tuckable holster that's available for the shield.... I'm not really a "tucking" kind of guy... but it was the only one I found locally and I was way to impatient to order something... I wanted to start carrying my new gun after I broke her in.

I'm about 80% happy with it. It's basically impossible to re-holster and it just doesn't sit perfect for me... granted I really NEVER tuck any shirts in I wear.

So now it's really between a Desantis The-Insider or just biting the bullet and getting (and waiting) for a crossbreed?

I've never owned a crossbreed before, but I do have to say, just by looking at it, the damn thing looks SUPER uncomfortable. I am sitting A LOT at work, is it possible with one of those huge things? I always carried my Ruger in the small of my back (not sure where I'll carry my Shield yet).

I just want to be 100% satisfied with my IWB holster, not 80% like I am now. I'll go ahead and keep my current tuckable holster for those rare times I actually do tuck a shirt in and I need it.

Have you considered a remora? I'm a big fan of mine. Very comfortable and versatile. Also, SUPER quick to get.
    ptco911 and Walden like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

S&W's release referenced some Walther PPS holsters as being a fit.

My old faithful for my m&p9C works for me I just changed to the smaller rubber washers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Have you considered a remora? I'm a big fan of mine. Very comfortable and versatile. Also, SUPER quick to get.
    I have not. I'll look into them. Although, I'm skeptical of no clip at all.

I second the idea of trying a Remora. I have one for my M&P 40 full size. I love it. Got it in 3 days too!

*about the no clip part*
    I was skeptical too, but I put the full size m&p in my waistband and jumped up and down 30 times. Big jumps, and it did not move. If anything, it settled in a little and got even more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Millerb7 View Post
    I have not. I'll look into them. Although, I'm skeptical of no clip at all.
    Yeah, I was as well to be honest. Took a couple days to get over the mental part of feeling the holster wasn't secure. After that it was smooth sailing. If nothing else they are pretty cheap so your only out like 30 bucks if you don't like it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I emailed their support to see which holster would work with the Shield. Alan responded very quickly to my email, which was a pleasant surprise.

I may take the leap and try one out to see if I like it. In all honesty, the reason I'm only 80% on my current Blackhawk is because the clips haha. They stick out to much and make it harder for me to conceal (I'm a smaller guy).

Here's the IWBs I'm making for the Shield. I'm making them in a "standard" configuration which is my most popular style so that I can make them quicker and cut the wait times down to either no time or very short. They will still be available with all of my other options but those orders will be filled normally so the wait time will be the normal time.
    This "standard" configuration is a Tuckable IWB with sweatshield in black or Mahogany.

I really like those McCabe!

When I bought my M&Pc I got a cheap IWB holster for it to hold me over till I got my Shielded Holster. I'll check to see what brand/model it is, but it would work well w/ the Shield. It wasn't the greatest thing, but it was $10.50, so it was WELL worth that. I'll keep it and use it anytime I need to holster quickly and get outside for something, etc. because it is quicker to put on than my Double Phalanx from Shielded Holsters.

To answer your question about the Crossbreed being comfortable... my Double Phalanx is the same concept and is much more comfortable than the little IWB I mentioned before. The other nice thing about the Double Phalanx is that you can have it made w/ belt slots so you can use it for OWB also.

The crossbreed i used for a glock 19 and 26 was super comfortable. Right now im thinking about trying a remora when i get my shield next week.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    The crossbreed i used for a glock 19 and 26 was super comfortable. Right now im thinking about trying a remora when i get my shield next week.
    I couldn't resist any longer. Just called them up and ordered mine. I spoke with Alan and he told me which holster is the best for the Shield (The #4 RFT - BE SURE TO ADD THE LIGHT/LASER/GUARD OPTION WHICH MAKES IT THE 4A TECHNICALLY). He also threw in a FREE magazine holder as well (that was exciting). He told me it would all ship out today. Looking forward to getting it, although I will admit I'm still a little skeptical. It is exactly what I'm looking for though, as I HATE when clips stick out from the holsters, and I NEVER tuck in my shirts or never wear belts.

FYI if you are ordering, I just spoke to Remora CS and they told me 4A is for the Shield, not the 4 because its wider.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    FYI if you are ordering, I just spoke to Remora CS and they told me 4A is for the Shield, not the 4 because its wider.
    You are correct.... sorry, forgot to mention that ;) The 4A is the same thing as the 4 but has the added laser option. My bad ;) I edited my post.
    bliss_137 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links