Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me.

This is a discussion on Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It may take awhile carrying IWB at a certain position for the "Nerves" to become accustomed to the new pressure.I have a Spinal Cord Injury ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me.

It may take awhile carrying IWB at a certain position for the "Nerves" to become accustomed to the new pressure.I have a Spinal Cord Injury that over all below arm pit level can feel pressure,but there are a couple places I started carrying IWB at around 9 O'clock that my nerves were hyper active when the holster was putting pressure there,after a few weeks of wearing it on and off the nerves settled down and I carry from time I get up til bed time even tho It's mainly OWB nowadays
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Check out the TactiPac Fusion Holsters on their web site. I am sure you will happy with one. Just ordered one for my XD40 gun.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I have tried to carry a Glock 26 and Kahr PM9 at 3:30-4:00 with several holsters and a good double thickness 1 1/2" belt.

I do carry in AIWB with several different holsters and it seem very comfortable, maybe some peoples build are just different. I am 5'10" 200lbs wear a size 36" waist, I just don't get it, so many people carry at the 3:30 position and like, could I be doing something wrong?
    Sounds like you answered your own question. If AIWB is more comfortable than thats how you should carry. Thats the only way I found comfortable and concealable, I love it.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Have you tried it at 2:30-3:00 position? Have you increased your pant waist size? Have you tried a Vanguard/Bandito/MIC/Zack or any other name they go by holster?
    I have been wearing my Glock 30sf in a Remora holster at the 3 o'clock spot. I even slept with it one night to see if it would shift, didn't move at all. I find it works better for me at 3, then 3:30 or 4:00.
    I was going to ask the same thing. 2:30 works best for me. Everybody's different but give just in front of your hip a shot (not literally). That's where the grip lies flattest against my flesh and is most comfortable. If I go 3:30-4:00 I print like a Hewlett-Packard.
    sheepdog37 likes this.

I'm a minimalist (to a certain point) and could never find a hybrid comfortable with all that leather attached.

A purpose-built IWB or AIWB with the least bulk possible is the best way to go.

The afore-mentioned Zack or ArchAngel holster from Dale Fricke are excellent pieces of carry gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I could never get a hybrid to work comfortably, either. I wear a Brommeland Max-Con V at 3:00 for strong side carry, and have one available for a Kahr.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...9-cm9-mk9.html
    A short video describing the Max-Con can be seen here:
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    Definately, positively, the best IWB I have ever tried. I carry it more than all my other holsters. Works great with 1911 which is flat and concealable to begin with. Using a good belt, I can wear it all day with total comfort. Runner-up for me is the Remora.
    You may be able to locate similar holster by other makers.....I just don't know about them.

I had similar problems until i tried the garrett industries silent thunder fusion. just works for me

Same problem here. Went to 2:30-3:00 but I also adjust the cant even more than an FBI cant. Seemed to work for me. Also you may want to check out "American Holster Extreme Cant"
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Springfield XD9sc
    Ruger SR40C
    Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U

I think a Kahr PM9 is comfortable just about anywhere. Pick a holster and wear it until you forget about it.

If you're looking for a maker, I think TT Gunleather is at the top of the game right now.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by jasgo View Post
    Can't see how a PM9 would be uncomfortable. Maybe the wider Glock. For IWB, I would have specific set of pants and jeans with a wider waist. I'd locate it strongside just behind my hip bone. Felt strongside gave the least chance of an accidental exposure versus appendix. Also do not like a barrel pointed at my vitals when sitting (i.e femoral artery). Depending on the dress code required, I do avoid IWB if I can carry in a belt or shoulder holster. To me, strongside in a belt holster is the fastest to draw from and getting an initial proper firing grip. Also less chance of grabbing some shirt on the draw.
    Agreed ^^ I have no problem carrying my glock 39, 27 or kahr pm9/40 iwb at 330-4 o clock. It is just a personal preference but try pjholster.com if you like kydex! Best holster I've ever gotten and I own about 8 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I think a Kahr PM9 is comfortable just about anywhere. Pick a holster and wear it until you forget about it.

If you're looking for a maker, I think TT Gunleather is at the top of the game right now.
    +1 for TT Gunleather......I use his holsters for nearly all my carry pistols.....his slim IWB are Extremely Comfortable. I carry M&P Pro, Sig p229, Sig p239, & Kimber Pro Carry II HD all in his Slim IWB holsters and have another coming for my M&P9c.....wear all at 3-3:30 for 10-14 hrs a day, in and out of my truck, sometimes hours driving........can't beat them for comfort or quality. I use his OWB holsters in cooler months with vest, coat or pullover! TT Gunleather all the way!!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links