Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me.

This is a discussion on Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have tried to carry a Glock 26 and Kahr PM9 at 3:30-4:00 with several holsters and a good double thickness 1 1/2" belt. My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Holster help with IWB hybrid just does not work for me.

I have tried to carry a Glock 26 and Kahr PM9 at 3:30-4:00 with several holsters and a good double thickness 1 1/2" belt.

My problem is it feels very uncomfortable, I have tried it high and low, still it just seems to either be poking me in the back or the hip. I have tried different holsters and the most comfortable for the 3:30 is the Remora, I have a Concealment Solutions (hybrid like CB), Highnoon, they all are just to uncomfortable.

I do carry in AIWB with several different holsters and it seem very comfortable, maybe some peoples build are just different. I am 5'10" 200lbs wear a size 36" waist, I just don't get it, so many people carry at the 3:30 position and like, could I be doing something wrong?

Stick with AIWB.

I used to carry at 4:00 until I discovered AIWB. Now I wouldn't go back to that carry position for almost anything.

I find AIWB more comfortable, concealable and faster than any other place of carry I've tried.
    Last edited by ScottM; April 21st, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

I carry IWB, but back about 3:30 or 4:00. I prefer it behind my hip. I'll carry OWB on the hip, but not IWB. And you have to distinguish between acceptable and uncomfortable, I've never found IWB comfortable exactly. But I have found spots where I'm fine carrying there all day.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Nothing wrong. We are all built differently. I can carry IWB comfortably when standing/walking but I tire of it when I drive for some time. Overall, I prefer OWB with a cover garment.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Have you tried it at 2:30-3:00 position? Have you increased your pant waist size? Have you tried a Vanguard/Bandito/MIC/Zack or any other name they go by holster?
    I have been wearing my Glock 30sf in a Remora holster at the 3 o'clock spot. I even slept with it one night to see if it would shift, didn't move at all. I find it works better for me at 3, then 3:30 or 4:00.
    --Jason--

Can't see how a PM9 would be uncomfortable. Maybe the wider Glock. For IWB, I would have specific set of pants and jeans with a wider waist. I'd locate it strongside just behind my hip bone. Felt strongside gave the least chance of an accidental exposure versus appendix. Also do not like a barrel pointed at my vitals when sitting (i.e femoral artery). Depending on the dress code required, I do avoid IWB if I can carry in a belt or shoulder holster. To me, strongside in a belt holster is the fastest to draw from and getting an initial proper firing grip. Also less chance of grabbing some shirt on the draw.

VIP Member
    I could never get a hybrid to work comfortably, either. I wear a Brommeland Max-Con V at 3:00 for strong side carry, and have one available for a Kahr.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...9-cm9-mk9.html
    A short video describing the Max-Con can be seen here:
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Might I suggest looking at the "Max Tuck" from White Hat Holsters, great IWB product that is very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. What I like about the product too is that you can just order new Kydex molds for different guns that you want to carry using the same holster. Tony @ White Hat has done a good job on this holster. Im waiting for them to make the Kydex for the new M&P Shield that I just picked up and I will order it too. Check them out at White Hat Holsters

I think you should try appendix (AIWB) carry. I used to be about your size a couple of years ago and I found that AIWB carry was the most comfortable way for me to conceal my G27 in a tuckable hybrid holster.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I've tried quite a few, also some expensive ones... I ended up using Gunmate holsters, extremely comfortable IWB and only ~$10 each...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I second the MaxTuck recommendation....I also had no luck with the 3 or 4 0'clock location, the holster dig into my spare tire when seated. I adjusted my clips to level out the cant and now carry between 1 and 2 o'clock and find it to be very comfortable even when seated. My Pro 140 never points at my jewels, even when seated.

AIWB works best for me too. I use either a Cane and Derby kydex or AKJ/Concealco leather; hybrids just don't work for me. I just order a pjholsters kydex for my new M&P shield.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Try locating a new 'niche' at 4:30 - 5:00...worked for me!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    AIWB while sitting is uncomfortable for me. I've found the CBST and MTAC work well at 324 :) with a lot of cant so the grip doesn't dig in.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

When using IWB and/or IWB tuckable you need to give it about a week of carrying to see if you get comfortable with it.

I have believe that some times less expensive ends working better that the more fancy deluxe expensive holsters. I find the inexpensive Ace holsters to be a good fit. With the price of them its worth a try.

Inside the waistband
    In-The-Pants Holster - Leather - Ace Case

Inside the waistband -- Tuckable
    Tuck-able Holster - Leather - Ace Case

They also have a 2 for $19.98 (mix and match)with free shipping and handling deal
    This way you can one of each of for another handgun if you have one
    Mix & Match Leather ITP and Tuck-Able Holsters - 2 for $19.98 (includes s&h) - Ace Case Manufacturing, LLC

Also wearing suspenders can be a real pain if concealing. Perry suspenders makes a great pair that is perfect for those in need. They only hook on each side rather than front and back. They work great. They also have easy on/off belt clips.
    Outback
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links