M&P Shield: Sticky Holster / M&P 40 Full Size Remora Holster (pics)

This is a discussion on M&P Shield: Sticky Holster / M&P 40 Full Size Remora Holster (pics) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I just received my Sticky Holster for the M&P Shield today. I was able to give it a good test run too. My ...

Thread: M&P Shield: Sticky Holster / M&P 40 Full Size Remora Holster (pics)

Hey guys, I just received my Sticky Holster for the M&P Shield today. I was able to give it a good test run too. My wife bought me a bike (cruiser bicycle) today and as I was unloading it and making minor adjustments before we went out on a ride, she brings out an envelope addressed to me. Sure enough it's the Sticky Holster I ordered last Friday, and it shows up in Idaho on Monday! Awesome!

Well I don't have any sort of extra special reviews to give other than it works as good as my Remora works that I carry my full size M&P 40 in. I am used to carrying that around so the Shield is very nice as far as weight/size goes. If I wasn't fixated on the fact that I am testing out a new clipless holster and am riding a bicycle around town that I've never ridden before, I could see how one could totally forget the Shield was there.

In comparison, besides the obvious size differences, the Sticky Holster feels stickier to the touch, but has a smoother surface, almost like leather. Also the finish around the edges is a different material, maybe a sort of nylon while the Remora uses the same material for the edging as it does for the rest of the exterior of the holster. I find the looks of the Sticky Holster to be more favorable, and I like the smoother texture as well.

The material on the inside of the holster seems very close to the same in both holsters. It may not be, but is seems close, also I am no expert on this matter.

I just wanted to post some pictures and can take more from different angles if anyone would like to see.

I couldn't say that a direct comparison between these 2 particular models would be fair being that the Remora is a reinforced top with sweat shield, which makes the holster bulkier altogether. The Sticky Holster, I believe only comes in one style, without sweat shield or reinforced top. Either way, I am able to get a good comparison between the similarities and differences of the two different brands.

I am in no way affiliated with either company, and I believe they both make a great product that seems to work as advertised, although I have only tried the Sticky Holster for a few hours. It did not move the entire ride.

Here's the pics.

Sticky Holster:

Remora:

Comparison Pictures:

I am no photographer, and those are just from my phone. I can take others upon request.

I bought the Shield for my wife, but being as she doesn't have her ccw yet, I will be rotating between the two. I can tell which one I might be carrying more often now :)

very good review..thanks..

Right now I am between the stickyhoster and the remora 6 ART ( I just received and email from Alan and told me the 6ART fit better the shield, I read before the model 4A was the one for the shield)..

I havent seen yet a shield in a 4A or 6 ART to a better comparison...

Well I would love to see some pics of yours in either holster. I haven't seen any in a Remora yet either. Post em when you got em!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGlock View Post
    very good review..thanks..

Right now I am between the stickyhoster and the remora 6 ART ( I just received and email from Alan and told me the 6ART fit better the shield, I read before the model 4A was the one for the shield)..

I havent seen yet a shield in a 4A or 6 ART to a better comparison...
    I just picked up the M&P Shield today and I have a Remora 6ART for my Glock 26 & 27 with Reinforced top.
    It is too large for the Shield.

I also have a 3B ART that Alan sent me for my Kahr PM9 (which is also a perfect fit for my Ruger LC9).
    It's just a touch too snug for the Shield but very close.
    If I wear it IWB I can draw with no problem. If I pocket carry it's tight enough that the
    holster comes out with the gun.

I'm thinking the 4 might the the better fit for the Shield.

Let me know if you want me to snap some pics.

Michael-

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wong View Post
    I just picked up the M&P Shield today and I have a Remora 6ART for my Glock 26 & 27 with Reinforced top.
    It is too large for the Shield.

I also have a 3B ART that Alan sent me for my Kahr PM9 (which is also a perfect fit for my Ruger LC9).
    It's just a touch too snug for the Shield but very close.
    If I wear it IWB I can draw with no problem. If I pocket carry it's tight enough that the
    holster comes out with the gun.

I'm thinking the 4 might the the better fit for the Shield.

Let me know if you want me to snap some pics.

Michael-
    I just got the stickyholster for my shield, fit perfect, I posted some pictures in another post, it is the same as the pictures above.. I think remora need to make a new one to fit better the shield. I got a remora for my glock 19, very nice holster too but for the shield not that much

Sponsored Links