Has anyone tried DeepConceal.com??

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried DeepConceal.com?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd love to get your opinions on Deep Conceal's concealed carry holsters ! I'm still waiting for my permit to come in the mail (2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried DeepConceal.com??

I'd love to get your opinions on Deep Conceal's concealed carry holsters! I'm still waiting for my permit to come in the mail (2 months now!!!), but I want something as snug and conceals the gun as much as possible. It looks like this holster does that, better than most others I've seen, but I want to know if you think drawing your pistol will be a pain...

Thanks!

I use a belly band and it works fine

I haven't seen that particular one before, but I have been using a similar one for almost 10 years now.

I don't use it every day, but depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going, it's one of my favorite go to holsters. I see no reason why this one wouldn't be just as good as the one I'm currently using. In fact, I will likely get one of these as well.

Here is the one I've been using. CCW Ultra Concealment Shoulder Holster, formerly called the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's a lot of nylon. Too much fabric for me.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I use the Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall. I carry a Smith model 19 .357 2.5" that weighs 30.5 oz. It is very comfortable and it conceales very well.

Kangaroo Carry
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

I made my own Kangaroo Carry type holster. What came to mind first was the double straps just might be cooler than 1 wide strip. However, what I've noticed is that what sticks out most from my shirts that aren't bloused are where the material ends, like at the end of the adjustment straps, which are secured by velcro. This will be affected by your particular build - like in their photos, the mid section of model isn't anywhere close to an outer shirt. The Deep Conceal version has adjustment straps that double the thickness of the straps and the material ends with velcro seem to be in a place where a sharp bulge will be more noticeable/harder to conceal. When making my own, I found the front support strap (like the Kangaroo and Ultra use) played a big part in supporting the gun and keeping it and the holster in place through the course of the day. Maybe it had more to do with how I'm built, but that's my experience.

I like the option Bark'n posted. I like this 5.11 as well

Holstershirt.jpg

Holster Shirt | Concealed Carry Undergear Shirts | 5.11 Tactical
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

HCF
    I have that one pictured that goes around upper chest. Have used it on an off for few years to carry 1911 to compact works good but takes little longer to draw. It does work well for me being bigger guy in summer depending on what Im wearing.

VIP Member
    I need concealability, ease and speed of draw, comfort, safety and retention in a holster. This one gives me all of that: The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Champchase View Post
    I'd love to get your opinions on Deep Conceal's concealed carry holsters! I'm still waiting for my permit to come in the mail (2 months now!!!), but I want something as snug and conceals the gun as much as possible. It looks like this holster does that, better than most others I've seen, but I want to know if you think drawing your pistol will be a pain...

Thanks!
    I don't have any experience with that one, but, smartcarry.com has a great holster for deep-carry and there is a thread on this website for it and I just ordered a shirt holster from abetterholster.com that I have heard is the best of the shirt holsters out there and also a deep-carry. I know both of these holsters are reputable and I have already used the smartcarry and it is excellent.
    The Deep Conceal's looks like it would be a little cumbersome though I am sure it is fine (though I would want to talk with somebody I trusted who had used them before I forked out money as there is a lot of junk out there!) If you are new, you may consider joining the USCCA (United States Conceal Carry Association) as that is where I found the shirt holster and the smartcarry (the smartcarry I wouldn't even have considered if I hadn't received a video from USCCA showing AND recommending them as great holsters.
    Good luck!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by redwilson View Post
    I use the Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall. I carry a Smith model 19 .357 2.5" that weighs 30.5 oz. It is very comfortable and it conceales very well.
    I just checked them out. They look ok. but I am not impressed with using bimbos to sell the product. Reminds me of Kahr's cheap tactics (they also use cheap-looking women to try to sell their products). I'll pass and continue shopping with companies that have a better level of integrity.
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

I understand your objections to using "Bimbo's" in the advertising on the site. Thats why I checked further and found Austin Davis, the president and founder of Kangaroo Carry to be a very nice man, as well as a highly respected security consultant and former police officer. I had questions about the product and he was very helpful in answering my questions. The holster is everything he says it is and more. I wear mine at least 12-16 hours a day. It is very comfortable. It conceales my .357 Smith very well. IMHO, this is a very good holster.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by brianalisa View Post
    I just checked them out. They look ok. but I am not impressed with using bimbos to sell the product. Reminds me of Kahr's cheap tactics (they also use cheap-looking women to try to sell their products). I'll pass and continue shopping with companies that have a better level of integrity.
    1 Bimbet. Not Bimbos. Who hasn't shown some skin to help sell a product. Just the other day I ...... Nevermind.
    tommy62 likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I made my own Kangaroo Carry type holster. .
    Pictures?
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

I use the 3-Speed Holster for my Sig Sauer P-230. It is a Kangaroo style pouch that rides just below the belt line. It is super easy to get to the pistol plus it is very comfortable. If you want deep concealment, you won't do better than the 3-Speed, IMO.

Vv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links