Back pocket carry holster

This is a discussion on Back pocket carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a P3at yesterday and would like to also pick up a holster for back pocket carry. What holsters have you used and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Back pocket carry holster

I picked up a P3at yesterday and would like to also pick up a holster for back pocket carry. What holsters have you used and liked/disliked for back pocket carry?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I purchased mine from Bear Creek Holsters. It has been wonderful for over two years now. The flat piece of leather on theback is removable via Chicago style screws, so it doubles as a front pocket holster if you want it to.
    Jsimon likes this.

Ditto on Bear Creek: good quality, great prices, ships fast and super CS.

Just a note on back pocket carry for really just about any gun. I moved my wallet out of my back pocket because it irritated my back and I know allot of guys who've done the same thing. A gun even a P3AT or LCP is much thicker than most guys wallet's without the holster adding a little bit more. Personally I tried it and it didn't work well for me at all so I went back to front pocket carry which has been just perfect for me. So not saying it won't work I know allot of guys do carry in their rear pocket, but keep in mind if you've thought of moving your wallet etc because of back pain this likely will be worse for ya.

Take care!

Luke
    fredg53 likes this.

VIP Member

i have that one with the zipper shield, I like it, but i'm on my feet all day

Take a look at rkbaholsters.com
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Very soft material and very comfortable. I think about 15 bucks
    Smarshe likes this.

I've def taken that into account. My plan is not to utilize back pocket carry in situations where I will be doing much sitting. It's ok for a couple mins but after that can get very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    Just a note on back pocket carry for really just about any gun. I moved my wallet out of my back pocket because it irritated my back and I know allot of guys who've done the same thing. A gun even a P3AT or LCP is much thicker than most guys wallet's without the holster adding a little bit more. Personally I tried it and it didn't work well for me at all so I went back to front pocket carry which has been just perfect for me. So not saying it won't work I know allot of guys do carry in their rear pocket, but keep in mind if you've thought of moving your wallet etc because of back pain this likely will be worse for ya.

Take care!

Luke
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Check out Recluse holsters I love mine for my LCP, its kydex, i sit on it (when i have to) and it has a spot for a spare mag (now dont get me wrong, the spare mag is not easy to access, but I have it, nonetheless) they make a leather version, with and without the spare mag spot also
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR22

Try this company. I have a couple of their holsters and they work great.
    Pocket Holsters

Here's my Bear Creek wallet holster for my LCP. Conceals well in the back pocket of my jeans. This one is horsehide, which fights moisture better than cowhide.

It's 2 pieces screwed together. This allows you to index the trigger finger down the slide on the outside of the holster but on the inside of the back cover flap.

6 Round Mag w/Pinky extension

7 Round Extended Mag

Back Side
    "You ask for a miracle, I give you the F.B.I."

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I picked up a P3at yesterday and would like to also pick up a holster for back pocket carry. What holsters have you used and liked/disliked for back pocket carry?
    I've always just used this Uncle Mikes for pocket carry with mine, usually in front but back works fine also.
    357and40 likes this.

Crossbreed has one. I think it's called the "Pocket Rocket". I have a Desantis Super Fly because it's ambi and works for both front and rear pocket.
    Something witty

VIP Member
    If back pocket works for y'all that's great, and I support you. For me, I don't want to sit on my gun, I can't see that being comfortable, my gun might agree as well. I really like front pocket carry, that eliminates the sitting issue, the other thing I like is being able to have a grip on my CCW without appearing threatening.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links