CB supertuck or minituck for the shield

This is a discussion on CB supertuck or minituck for the shield within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys. I am looking for a good holster for the shield. there is the CB supertuck and minituck for this pistol.. not sure which ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robert98597

Thread: CB supertuck or minituck for the shield

Hi guys.

I am looking for a good holster for the shield. there is the CB supertuck and minituck for this pistol.. not sure which one to get.
    I already have the supertuck for my glock 19.I live in FL, so the summer get really hot and I would like something small. does anyone has the minituck holster and supertuck so can give some advice or comment about?

BTW, I am 5.8 height, *34/36 waist and 185 lb, not a big guy and no fat
    thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    When ordered my holster for the Shield, Crossbreed only listed the Supertuck as an option. I own a Supertuck for a SR9c. I would be interested to know if the Minituck would be a better option also.

Sponsor
    Hey MikeGlock... just a quick not to let you know that we now offer the Hybrid IWB MaxTuck for the M&P Shield. Been selling a ton of them. Check us out at HERE. If you have any questions please let me know. or email me directly at Tony@WhiteHatHolsters.com Thanks. Tony. 817-381-2111.

The Shield isn't a light gun by any means. I would go with the regular SuperTuck holster.

FDE
    I was going to start a new thread with this same question but ran across this thread before doing so. I would like to hear more input if someone has tried the shield with a crossbreed yet. More specifically I would like to hear if anyone thinks the minituck is too small for the shield. I have an MTAC and a minituck for different guns and much prefer the smaller package of the mini but am not sure if it is a good choice for this bigger (than my Sig p238) and somewhat heavy gun...

Quote Originally Posted by FDE View Post
    I was going to start a new thread with this same question but ran across this thread before doing so. I would like to hear more input if someone has tried the shield with a crossbreed yet. More specifically I would like to hear if anyone thinks the minituck is too small for the shield. I have an MTAC and a minituck for different guns and much prefer the smaller package of the mini but am not sure if it is a good choice for this bigger (than my Sig p238) and somewhat heavy gun...
    For me the Galco King Tuk has proven to be the most comfortable IWB holster for the guns they make it for that I own. However they do not yet make it for the Shield so I went with an MTAC. Quite frankly it is not as comfortable than the King Tuk with a Sig P229 in it. It seems to hold the gun so that the bottom of the holster digs into my hip/top of butt making it uncomfortable. I tried all sorts of different configurations but I think that because it is not as wide as the Tuk or CB for that matter, that it does not distribute the weight as well. Perhaps the leather is not as thick. Whatever the reason I rarely use it as my hip is sore for hours afterwards. I am thinking of putting a small piece of foam rubber on the bottom of the MTAC to keep the bottom of the Kydex shell from digging into me. That works when I experiment. Also I am overweight and that probably affects the dynamics of the holster. Just that the Tuk is great even with bigger and heavier guns as well as my j-frame and the MTAC for the Shield not so good. Great workmanship and will keep it and just buy a shell for my J-Frame which may work as it is much lighter.

Going to be ordering a CB for the Shield and my new Sig P290 to see how it works. Will go with the mini tuck for the P290 first and test it out.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Maybe the mini tuck was for the shield
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I have a Theiss holster for my LC9 and its tiny... In a good way! I would imagine that it's comparable to the mini.

via Tapatalk
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

I ordered a Maxtuck from whitehat holsters. those guys rock so far. I haven't got the holsters yet But I was on another gun forum when i saw they offer a discount to retired military. I emailed them to see if I can get the discount, they emailed me bacj AFTER they refunded me my discount. thats customer service. I attached a picture of what I ordered for my Shield.MAxTUCK.jpg
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunByte View Post
    However they do not yet make it for the Shield
    The king tuck made for the M&P can be pushed down to make it work with the Shield. Just heat the kydex and remold. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by GunByte View Post
    For me the Galco King Tuk has proven to be the most comfortable IWB holster for the guns they make it for that I own. However they do not yet make it for the Shield so I went with an MTAC. Quite frankly it is not as comfortable than the King Tuk with a Sig P229 in it. It seems to hold the gun so that the bottom of the holster digs into my hip/top of butt making it uncomfortable. I tried all sorts of different configurations but I think that because it is not as wide as the Tuk or CB for that matter, that it does not distribute the weight as well. Perhaps the leather is not as thick. Whatever the reason I rarely use it as my hip is sore for hours afterwards. I am thinking of putting a small piece of foam rubber on the bottom of the MTAC to keep the bottom of the Kydex shell from digging into me. That works when I experiment. Also I am overweight and that probably affects the dynamics of the holster. Just that the Tuk is great even with bigger and heavier guns as well as my j-frame and the MTAC for the Shield not so good. Great workmanship and will keep it and just buy a shell for my J-Frame which may work as it is much lighter.

Going to be ordering a CB for the Shield and my new Sig P290 to see how it works. Will go with the mini tuck for the P290 first and test it out.
    I had almost given up carrying my g19 because the MTAC was so uncomfortable. A buddy steered me towards the harwell protuck, and I was instantly impressed. Now I carry my g19 all the time.

I know it's an old thread, but I was wondering what choice you made?

I vote mini tuk

Links