Made The Decision to Get a Good Gun Belt. Advice or Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Made The Decision to Get a Good Gun Belt. Advice or Recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After searching the different forums and getting some advice, Iíve decided to purchase a good stiff belt to try before trading off my XD or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Made The Decision to Get a Good Gun Belt. Advice or Recommendations?

Made The Decision to Get a Good Gun Belt. Advice or Recommendations?

After searching the different forums and getting some advice, Iíve decided to purchase a good stiff belt to try before trading off my XD or purchasing more holsters. Iím looking for some advice on a good belt at a reasonable price. Iíve looked at the reinforced Wilderness Instructorís belts but have seen some comments that theyíre overrated. I also looked at a site called Beltman. I canít afford to spend too much and donít want to wait too long. Any suggestions or advice?

2. Remove Ads

Couldn't be happier with my decision to get a good belt; much more comfortable carry. Since I have a major problem with delayed-gratification, I got a "quick ship" belt fron the link below:

Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather

Be sure to follow the maker's instructions on measurement, no matter who you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    a good belt at a reasonable price. I’ve looked at the reinforced Wilderness Instructor’s belts but have seen some comments that they’re overrated. I also looked at a site called Beltman. I can’t afford to spend too much and don’t want to wait too long. Any suggestions or advice?
    I'm pleased with the Wilderness Instructor belt I am wearing right now. It was reasonably priced, immediately available and most importantly offers superior support for my pistol when compared to the other belts I had on hand. It doesn't work in every situation but casual Friday with my shirt untucked it serves me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I'm pleased with the Wilderness Instructor belt I am wearing right now. It was reasonably priced, immediately available and most importantly offers superior support for my pistol when compared to the other belts I had on hand. It doesn't work in every situation but casual Friday with my shirt untucked it serves me well.
    +1. If your not going to tuck then the WIB is a great belt. Fast to get,good price and effective. My favorite feature is being able to fine tune the size to exactly where I want it.
    pacman likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I use a wilderness instructor triple stitch. My local shooting range sells them for 43 dollars. I carry a full sized m&p 40 most of the time. I use a remora for it, sometimes I put on my galco king tuck, or when I want to oc I wear my black hawk serpa. The belt does great for me, I actually notice that the pants I'm wearing affects whether the gun is comfortable or not. The belt I have is the 1.5" one. I also carry a m&p shield in a sticky holster.

I vote for wilderness instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    After searching the different forums and getting some advice, Iíve decided to purchase a good stiff belt to try before trading off my XD or purchasing more holsters. Iím looking for some advice on a good belt at a reasonable price. Iíve looked at the reinforced Wilderness Instructorís belts but have seen some comments that theyíre overrated. I also looked at a site called Beltman. I canít afford to spend too much and donít want to wait too long. Any suggestions or advice?
    What you can afford to spend and what a reasonable price is will of course depend on you. I can tell you that The Beltman product is excellent and worth the price in my opinion.
    los likes this.

M.
    I've been looking into getting one from comp-tac. Never used them personally or any, but the reviews are good. I have a CTAC from them and am looking into a MTAC. Quality of those are top notch imo.

I spent $20 on a belt at Tractor Supply that appears to have some type of stiffener in it. Works awesome, looks good, and didn't break the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I wear a blackhawk cqb rigger belt and love it. I was having problems with my IWB comp-tac minotaur with my regular leather belt and someone suggested this belt and i cant say anything bad about it. Holds my glock 30 in the minotaur in the same position all day.

BLACKHAWK! CQB / Rigger's Belt - BLACKHAWK!

I get mine here:
    Amish Belts - Black

I have a belt from CompTac, it's actually a second or blemish but I can't find anything wrong with it. It's comfortable and holds very well. I also have a 5.11 belt that I wear for work and casual wear, it's just as rigid and holds everything just fine. I do lean more towards the more adjustable belts like the wilderness or 5.11 because you can get the just right amount of fit you need for that particular day.

Sent from this... Using that...

I bought one from Comp-Tac and i love it. It has a kydex insert that reinforces the belt and keeps it nice and stiff. I carry a Glock-22 and it supports the fullsize very well. Pay attention to their sizing instructions though.

VIP Member
    Don't over look your belt. I started with a nice dress belt from Costco. After about 3 days it was junk. I got a 1 1/2" belt from Desantis. It has been with me for a couple months every day with no problems, very comfortable and allows me to have a secure fit. With this stiff "carry" belt I can draw smooth and fast. Its not all wiggly. Weather you purchase a leather or nylon belt make sure you get a belt designed for carry.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    My Beltman is awesome. The downside is that it is hard to find a belt holster with loops big enough to accept the thickness of the belt.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

High Noon Holsters "Rock Steady" belts are great. I have two - brown and black.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links