Limited OWB holster options for my S&W 908-where did you get yours?

This is a discussion on Limited OWB holster options for my S&W 908-where did you get yours? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really like the Don Hume H721O.T. but they are out of stock and won't have any for 5 months they said. I contacted UBG ...

Thread: Limited OWB holster options for my S&W 908-where did you get yours?

I really like the Don Hume H721O.T. but they are out of stock and won't have any for 5 months they said. I contacted UBG and he says he can make a pancake for me. Other than that I can't find a holster. I have contacted several makers and most say they can make one for 3913 but it will be a little large in the muzzle area. If you have a 908, where did you get your holster and how is the fit? I am looking to spend a little to get a great fitting great quality holster. Thanks.

(I not against having UBG make one, just looking for options)

I was under the impression that the 3913 and the 908 were exactly the same frame. They just had a few parts swapped. When I was carrying a 908 I carried it in a IWB for a 3919 and it fit perfect.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    UBG holsters are excellent BTW. He is a master craftsman.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

No problem for me making a holster for a Smith 908. I am a member and sponsor over at the S&W Forum.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I will definitely take a close look. Can anyone confirm whether or not the 908 is the same holster as the 3913? I also thought they were the same frame with different sites and recoil spring guide. But I did have one very reputable maker mention the fit would be slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    I will definitely take a close look. Can anyone confirm whether or not the 908 is the same holster as the 3913? I also thought they were the same frame with different sites and recoil spring guide. But I did have one very reputable maker mention the fit would be slightly different.
    I can confirm that my 908 fit perfectly in a 3913 holster. Take it for what you will.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    Yes you are correct, the 908 is as close as you can get to the 3913. We find no fit difference and have had no problems. With that said our designs and tolerances are near perfect. We make 35 holsters that gun. There should be no problems anywhere getting a holster.

This is a nice one. Slide Guard

Alex

Administrator
    The Slide Guard looks very nice.

Thanks for the responses Rollo and High Noon. I was looking for confirmation that they are the same (close enough if not exactly) as the 3913 is much more common and easy to find. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The Slide Guard looks very nice.
    Thank You QK. We use a really heavy grain leather. Many customers have called to say what a bad picture it is because it looks out out focus and does the final product look like that. We then have to explain about the leather and grain pattern. A better shot here.

Close Up Slide Guard Tan

and here

Extreme Close Up Slide Guard Tan

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Yes you are correct, the 908 is as close as you can get to the 3913. We find no fit difference and have had no problems. With that said our designs and tolerances are near perfect. We make 35 holsters that gun. There should be no problems anywhere getting a holster.

This is a nice one. Slide Guard

Alex
    Hey Alex, just received your (High Noon) lined, slide guard, along with your ITW Hidden Alley Low-ride for my LC9. I paid the extra $50 to get the slide guard within 7-10 days. I had previously ordered a bare asset and a backskin prior and have been using them for almost a year. I ordered the slide guard and hidden alley on April 19th and received them on April 25th (6 days!). They are great and work well! Very nice quality and though I was very hesitant and, at times, regretful for spending the extra change when I could have received another good holster, but your quickness, eased the pain and it was worth the extra $50! Thank you!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Glad you like it, stay safe and enjoy.

Alex

Links