Best OWB options for a Glock 26? - Page 2

Best OWB options for a Glock 26?

This is a discussion on Best OWB options for a Glock 26? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried the CompTac Minotaur holsters as well. IWB.....I think Remora has all of that covered for most. Hybrid holsters just don't seem to work ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best OWB options for a Glock 26?

I tried the CompTac Minotaur holsters as well. IWB.....I think Remora has all of that covered for most. Hybrid holsters just don't seem to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    First I will give you my stats. I am 5' 9'' and 180lbs with a 32'' waist. I don't have my room around my waist and the g26 is fairly hard to conceal for me. That being said I really dislike IWB carry. I have tried time and again to like my MTAC and I can't. It is very uncomfortable to me and still doesn't conceal that well. Are there any OWB options that may be decent? Something that rides high and tight would be awesome. Right now the only way I feel comfortable carrying is an ankle holster. Which we all know is less than ideal.
    I just through my .02 in on another thread regarding somebody that wants an OWB holster. Try the Sky High or the Slide Guard from High Noon. They ride just below the beltline and are excellent holsters.
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

I would +1 on the glock combat holster. I have as most do a few hundred dollars in holsters. I decided to try out the glock comat holster for 15.00. I wish I woould have earlier. This is a great holster. No need to spend a 100.00 on a holster. I will say it is not pretty and does feel cheap, but so far so good. I would suggest try it, it's only "one box of ammo"

For a good price on a leather, take a look at the Hume 721OT. I don't use it for my 26, but it is great for my 30 which is an appreciably heavier pistol. Honestly, I find the 26 small and light enough that most quality holsters will work fine. So decide what your criteria are (leather/kydex, thumb break/not, open/closed bottom, belt/paddle/snap loop, etc) and then shop for quality and price. Other OWBs I've used with the 26 that have worked fine include the Glock Sport Combat, Fobus paddle, and a Hume slide.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    For over 20 years and boxes worth hundreds of dollars worth of holsters searching for the perfect holster for the Glock, I found it, but it took me years to realize it. It is the Glock Sport/Combat holster. It is much thinner than leather, lighter, doesnt get sweaty and mold or stink, never wears out, and holds the gun securely and tightly to the body. It costs under $10, and you can also get the matching mag pouch. The holster is adjustable by cutting the tabs to fit your belt width.

I am the same height as you, but weigh 175.
    I completely agree with this. Spent my share of money on customs. For the money, you can't beat the Glock Sport Combat. Do not confuse this with a Fobus; it may look like that, but it is built much better and is of better material. People just won't believe it could possibly be any good because it looks cheap, is inexpensive, and is not fancy or pretty. I finally just put it on one day to try it out after being so unsatisfied with all the ones I had. If I could have kicked myself, I would have. It does everything you ask. Rides high, holds the gun tight to the body, is comfortable, conceals well, and holds the firearm securely. Be a rebel, buck the system, and try one. You have very little to lose. At least try one before you drop some real coin.

If you have a 32" waist, you might consider appendix carry. You should be able to conceal a G26 in the 12 - 2 O'clock position either IWB or OWB fairly easily. It sounds like it would be awkward, but it is a great place to carry if you have the discipline to push yourself away from the table. Just a thought.

The other spot to try is at 5:00, using a holster with more muzzle rear rake. Gary Brommelands DefCon is the best IMHO.

I use an X Concealment kydex holster. It's great.

I think you may find the UBG Regulator very comfortable and usable.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    RGrizzle, UBG and Mitch Rosen are three of my favorites. El Paso Saddlery also makes some excellent OWBs.

Check out the Slide Guard from High Noon.....

For over 20 years and boxes worth hundreds of dollars worth of holsters searching for the perfect holster for the Glock, I found it, but it took me years to realize it. It is the Glock Sport/Combat holster. It is much thinner than leather, lighter, doesnt get sweaty and mold or stink, never wears out, and holds the gun securely and tightly to the body. It costs under $10, and you can also get the matching mag pouch. The holster is adjustable by cutting the tabs to fit your belt width.

I agree, this is a very functional rig. It isn't much in the looks department, but then...who cares? You can always get a dressier holster too if you like. I like the UBG holsters, trimmed in shark for those times I want to show off my leather.

I also use the Glock Sport combat. It holds the gun very well. I can run with it and it doesn't move. I also have a good belt that does not flex.

Crossbreed also makes OWB holsters. I just received mine last week for my G19. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it looks like it's going to work well.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links