Best OWB options for a Glock 26?

This is a discussion on Best OWB options for a Glock 26? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First I will give you my stats. I am 5' 9'' and 180lbs with a 32'' waist. I don't have my room around my waist ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best OWB options for a Glock 26?

First I will give you my stats. I am 5' 9'' and 180lbs with a 32'' waist. I don't have my room around my waist and the g26 is fairly hard to conceal for me. That being said I really dislike IWB carry. I have tried time and again to like my MTAC and I can't. It is very uncomfortable to me and still doesn't conceal that well. Are there any OWB options that may be decent? Something that rides high and tight would be awesome. Right now the only way I feel comfortable carrying is an ankle holster. Which we all know is less than ideal.

Never tried OWB.
    Have you tried pocket?
    With a g26 and desantis nemesis or aholster its certainly doable in most pants.
    With a CCW breakaways wardrobe its invisible.
    Posts are for entertainment only. I have no training, database, background, knowledge of law, skills, or conviction of belief that anything I post is safe or relevant for your situation and bear no responsibility for any actions or events related to your interpretation of any of my post(s).

Check out Holsterpro Paul is a great guy and very easy to work with. His model 722 is $50 with FREE shipping. Here are a few videos
    Walther PK380 Holster - YouTube

Ruger SR9c Holster Custom - YouTube

go to 1:25 Glock Holsters Custom - YouTube
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

You may like this. Historys "Top Shot" season 3 finalist really likes it. Keep in mind a good gun belt keeps it in tight to your body.

Slide Guard

Gary Quesenberry Slide Guard Review

Justin

As in the other thread, I recommend this.

Works well and very comfortable. That's a Glock 29 in it, .10" thicker than the 26, and it disappears under a tshirt. I'm 6'1", 185 w/ 32" waist.

Edit- Ritchie Leather CQ-QR w/ sweat shield.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

For over 20 years and boxes worth hundreds of dollars worth of holsters searching for the perfect holster for the Glock, I found it, but it took me years to realize it. It is the Glock Sport/Combat holster. It is much thinner than leather, lighter, doesnt get sweaty and mold or stink, never wears out, and holds the gun securely and tightly to the body. It costs under $10, and you can also get the matching mag pouch. The holster is adjustable by cutting the tabs to fit your belt width.

I am the same height as you, but weigh 175.
    ejes likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I carried mine in a Fobus for OWB. It was high enough for me and was quite snug against my side. You can wear a button-up shirt or a T-shirt that's at least 1 size bigger than you normally wear. Used a Galco Summer Comfort for IWB. Most of the time though, it was either in my front pocket or in a DeSantis cargo pocket holster.

Mine is new and haven't had much experience with it yet but my new raven phantom seems to be super nice. Perfect fit!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

No pics but I recently received a UBG Bonneville for my G19/26 and it works great. The quality of the holster and is excellent (good boning, stitiching, fit, finish, and it is stiff) and it conceals about as well as my MTAC. The only issue that you may run into is that it is a very high-riding holster and at 5'9" it might be high enough to bang you in the ribs, depending on your build. I am 5'11" and have no issues but if my torso was much shorter I could see it being an issue. You will definitely need a proper gunbelt for a holster that rides that high, the front of the trigger guard is about level with the top of the belt.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerMan View Post
    No pics but I recently received a UBG Bonneville for my G19/26 and it works great. The quality of the holster and is excellent (good boning, stitiching, fit, finish, and it is stiff) and it conceals about as well as my MTAC. The only issue that you may run into is that it is a very high-riding holster and at 5'9" it might be high enough to bang you in the ribs, depending on your build. I am 5'11" and have no issues but if my torso was much shorter I could see it being an issue. You will definitely need a proper gunbelt for a holster that rides that high, the front of the trigger guard is about level with the top of the belt.
    Right now I am running a blackhawk CQC belt. I am trying to sell my MTAC right now and will be deciding on a crossbreed supertuck or an OWB of some sort.

Bianchi Carry Lok. High, tight and has retention.

Model 82 *CarryLok™ Hip Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Mitch Rosen 'Upper Limit' holster can't be beat IMO for "high and tight" OWB.

belt holsters

I messed around with my CompTac Minotaur some more and I may try to use it. It is MUCH more comfortable and concealed at 3:15-3:30 for me. So much better all around than 4:00 where I was keeping it. I am still going to get a nice OWB for winter carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links