Glock 19 OWB Ultra-high ride molded leather holster...who makes one?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 OWB Ultra-high ride molded leather holster...who makes one? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw a pic here of a Mitch Rosen holster, the Upper Limit, but it is not made for the G19. The lowest point of ...

Thread: Glock 19 OWB Ultra-high ride molded leather holster...who makes one?

Glock 19 OWB Ultra-high ride molded leather holster...who makes one?

I saw a pic here of a Mitch Rosen holster, the Upper Limit, but it is not made for the G19. The lowest point of the holster is barely below the belt-line... just what I want for my G19.

Now the extra weight and barrel length of the G19 may make this type of rig un-suitable for this kind of holster, but that is my question: does anyone make an ultra-hi ride leather holster for OWB carry? I'd love to be able to conceal my G19 (and my Beretta 92) under a regular t-shirt, and having the muzzle just barely below the belt line would be perfect for me. I am not a fan of IWB rigs, and find OWB the most comfortable means of carry.

Any tips would be appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I own 2 Galco fletch and am very happy with them. I conceal under just an untucked Tshirt all the time. My G23 and my G30.

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

GALCO FL226 - Galco Fletch Glock 19 Right Hand FL226 - Hunters Plus

BTW, I got mine for $69.99 each.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I had Kevin at K & D make me a wonderful high-rining Eagle Defender for my G23.

After talking with him about what I needed he sent me exactly what I was looking for. Easily my favorite holster in my drawer.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

High Noon makes several OWB holsters that may be what you are looking for.

Sky High

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

There are two that I would highly recommended for quality...High Noon's Slideguard Slide Guard
    and Fist's #12 Basic http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm The picture of the Glock is what my '36' ride in...

Both are great 'works of leather'.

I used to push only Fist, but after now having two holsters from High Noon...I am totally impressed with the quality workmanship that High Noon offers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    TT Gunleather has a nice high ride:
    High Ride Pancake Holster

I mentioned it in another thread earlier, but if a pancake holster would work for you, the UBG Bonneville might be the ticket. High quality and well-priced. The bottom of the holster is not much lower than the bottom of the belt and the front of the trigger guard is at about the top of the belt. I just got one a couple of weeks ago and it conceals well.

Check out Holsterpro Paul is a great guy and very easy to work with. His model 722 is $50 with FREE shipping. Here are a few videos.

Walther PK380 Holster - YouTube

Ruger SR9c Holster Custom - YouTube

Go to 1:25 on this one Glock Holsters Custom - YouTube

Paul is sending me one for my G 19.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I carry a G19 and also like it to ride high. The C.G. (center of gravity) is above the belt if the muzzle is at the bottom of the belt line.

I formed my own kydex holster that rides well but the muzzle still protrudes around 2 inches below the 1.5 in wide belt. I can probably bring it a little higher but it will have a cantilever at some point. I am getting more kydex in and will give it a shot, but I think that leather may not be stiff enough to hold it tight when it sticks up that far.

belt 1.5 inches

outline.pdf

The drawing shows 2 1.5 inch belts, the upper is approx where mine is now, the lower would be no protrusion below belt. That is a 20 degree cant.

Kevin must have more work than he can handle: website says no new orders are being accepted! Doesn't even show samples of his work, so he must be swamped!

Yoda:

Some of the makers that I have seen have much more cant, which I guess in essence lowers the CG point of the gun. The holster from end to end is longer, allowing the gun to be more canted and still have the barrel just at the lower end of the beltline. Again, maybe the weight of the Glock 19 won't allow this type of rig, and those making it all stress the need for a quality heavy-duty gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    High Noon makes several OWB holsters that may be what you are looking for.

Sky High

OS
    I have the Slide Guard version of the Sky High from High Noon and it BARELY goes below the belt line and is an excellent holster.
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

If you are looking for extreme cant designs, try looking at SOB (small of back) holsters also. Good luck on finding something.

I don't have experience with this particular model but I have experience with Kirkpatrick. I highly recommend these holsters. Very good quality. Check out this small of Back model which I may actually purchase.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Links