Any major differences between higher end IWB brands?

This is a discussion on Any major differences between higher end IWB brands? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at Theis, Cross Breed, SHTF and others I have to ask if there are any major differences in the different brands? They are all ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Burns

Thread: Any major differences between higher end IWB brands?

Looking at Theis, Cross Breed, SHTF and others I have to ask if there are any major differences in the different brands? They are all made with real leather, kydex guards, and you can pick your hook and cut style. I'm buying a SR9c shortly and want a quality IWB holster but how do I Wade through the choices and pick the brand?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    They all work good, I've tried many holsters but all of the leather ones hurt too bad to use IWB for the whole day. I ended up getting a gunmate nylon holster for both of my guns, with my LCP I barely notice it's there. Some people don't like them because they are not custom fit to size but they fit my M&P and LCP perfectly. Not to mention they are only $10... Maybe it's just me but I found the leather holsters to not be comfortable :D

(you are mainly paying for a brand name)

The other reason I prefer nylon over leather is leather absorbs moisture, and if you leave your gun in your holster all the time it can rust faster.
    T_from_Fla likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I went with a Sheilded Holster over the ones you listed for two reasons:
    1. it was cheaper
    2. he will put belt slots in it for that rare time that I want to wear it OWB instead of IWB. For this to work very well you would want to take the clips off, so I won't be doing it too often, but I can see where it might be an advantage.

Aside from those two reasons, I couldn't make up my mind between them.

Links