Remora holster for S&W Shield w/pics

This is a discussion on Remora holster for S&W Shield w/pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was asked by another member to post some pics of my remora for the Shield. It is the 4A-ART-RFT model. The holster works decent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remora holster for S&W Shield w/pics

I was asked by another member to post some pics of my remora for the Shield. It is the 4A-ART-RFT model. The holster works decent I guess I still haven't gotten over not having it attached to anything. My only gripe with the holster is you can't get a full grip on the draw even with the ART model. I'll probably be looking for another holster for EDC and keep this one for late night trips to the store and stuff like that.

~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Cool

Great photos and description of the problems.

I have the same problems with my Remora for my S&W Model 10 2" RB.

This is the only Remora I have and I purchased it while waiting for a custom leather holster that is taking a couple months to be made.

Remora gave great service and I received the holster in 3 days but like you I am not use to not having it attached to something and as with your holster it is difficult to access quickly as the grip sits right on top of my belt.

Even with an undershirt and belt on the holster does not feel secure when walking or moving about.

For your information High Noon holsters have numerous holsters available right now for the S&W Shield.

I use High Noon for the vast majority of my holster needs however the S&W k-frame is one of the few guns High Noon does not make a holster for.

Below are photos of High Noon Public Secret holsters for two of my carry guns.

Image 4.jpgImage 3.jpgphoto.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 2.jpgImage.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Remora holster for the shield

I also have the new 9mm shield and I called Allen @ Remora and he fitted my gun with 6ART remora holster and it works great.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charles1 View Post
    I also have the new 9mm shield and I called Allen @ Remora and he fitted my gun with 6ART remora holster and it works great.Thanks
    I sent him an email and told me same, the 6ART would works.. but I havent seen one yet.. could you post some pictures? the 4A, already seems bulky so not sure how would be the 6ART..

I am waiting for the stickyholster, I saw a picture and fit exactly, when I receive mine I will post some pictures.

There is another post with pics of the shield +stickyholster.. I think you can get a proper grip

I can't post pics of my Shield in my Remora holster but send me your and I can email pics.Thanks

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I picked just the 4ART for my Shield and it seems to work pretty well. At first the retention was a little tight and if I needed to draw the holister would also come with it. I worked the holister a little and it works well now.

2012-05-03_17-30-28_765

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I picked just the 4ART for my Shield and it seems to work pretty well. At first the retention was a little tight and if I needed to draw the holister would also come with it. I worked the holister a little and it works well now.

2012-05-03_17-30-28_765
    It looks like you can get a better firing grip on that version than on the one I have.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    It looks like you can get a better firing grip on that version than on the one I have.
    Yes I can When I seen your pictures I needed to double check on what I ordered. I have more of the trigger guard showing on mine. I ordered just the plain 4ART with no Modifications.

2012-05-03_17-30-55_728

Here is another with 1 modification, attached Mag

[Added Light / Laser:NO]
    [Holster Modification Option 1:ATTACHED MAGAZINE COMPARTMENT]
    [Holster Modification Option 2:NO HOLSTER

2012-05-03_17-55-59_853

2012-05-03_17-55-23_560

Hmm I may send mine back and trade for a different size.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Have either of you guys with a series 4 carried with it for a bit? I'm curious because I ordered a 4A-SS and Alan said the 6ART was a correct fit. I received a 6A SS ART. I liked the 4A-SS from pictures because the SS covered the safety and the mag release. Seems like it would make it more comfortable. I'm concerned with the one I got because I can only draw it with two fingers.

I ask if you guys have carried the series 4 because from the pictures I'd be worried about the mag release getting pushed. I've read a post about one guy having his M&P 9C dropping mags because of where the RFT hits it.

Charles1, Any feedback how you like you series 6?

This is the 4A-SS-RFT.
    remora2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heavyclay View Post
    I ask if you guys have carried the series 4 because from the pictures I'd be worried about the mag release getting pushed. I've read a post about one guy having his M&P 9C dropping mags because of where the RFT hits it.
    Yeah that was mine (series 6 RFT SS) M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    Hmm I may send mine back and trade for a different size.
    That's probably a good idea. Your pics show the Shield's mag release at the Remora's rounded top edge. My M&P9c is the same and dropping the mag when pressure is applied cinching my belt.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but just trying to get some thought in which way to go. I've email Alan these also.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    5.jpg

Sponsor
    kg4ghn, since you said you may be looking for another holster as well I thought I'd show let you know that we just started offering a holster for the Shield as well, a bit longer delivery time for the first few weeks (mold preparation and high demand). You can order it here (Stock photo of a glock holster is shown, but the holster is made specifically for the shield). S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

Thanks!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    kg4ghn, since you said you may be looking for another holster as well I thought I'd show let you know that we just started offering a holster for the Shield as well, a bit longer delivery time for the first few weeks (mold preparation and high demand). You can order it here (Stock photo of a glock holster is shown, but the holster is made specifically for the shield). S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

Thanks!
    The wait time has now been reduced to 7 business days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links