EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."/ Holster

This is a discussion on EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."/ Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need a holster for my LNIB "Windicator" and none of my holsters will fit. Any owners out there with suggestions? Jeff Hays is my usual ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RevolvingMag
  • 1 Post By RevolvingMag
  • 1 Post By RevolvingMag

Thread: EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."/ Holster

EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."/ Holster

Need a holster for my LNIB "Windicator" and none of my holsters will fit. Any owners out there with suggestions? Jeff Hays is my usual go-to guy or Brad at Bear River, but want to know what you have and how you like them. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I have one in 2", and love it.

This is the holster I use; but it's a lefty.
    Patented Design

Inexpensive, quality product, and extremely comfortable. If you want, I can put a picture of it up in a little while.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Here it is. Not the best quality pictures- my wife wasn't available to take pictures of me...
    Attached Images

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

"RM"-- Thanks, that was a big help.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    "RM"-- Thanks, that was a big help.
    I'm happy to help; the Windicator is a bit of an oddball, and I had to figure out holsters, and speed loaders myself (HKS #10-A).

Nobody in my area had really seen/heard of them until I started asking questions/sharing.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Does look nice.
    How has it been for you so far?

"RM": BobbyMac.com is located in Mass and stocks the Variant Speedloader. It works on "springs": push in the cartridges, push into cylinder and pull out--- no turning and they work great. Look them up.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHMASTER View Post
    Does look nice.
    How has it been for you so far?
    Great; the gun is wonderful. The holster is amazing; especially for it's price. I've heard so many people say 'if you want a good holster, go get one of these' that costs $100+ on average, but no- they don't make it for a 'Windicator'.... it's a pain. The beauty of the N82 Tactical, is that it's a quality leather pad, with an elastic band to hold the gun against the leather. And the belt clip is on the elastic, so it's IWB. The large leather pad breaks up the shape of the gun and makes it much more comfortable, and, because it's not a 'formed/shaped' holster, you can put pretty much any 'average size' revolver in it. Wouldn't recommend anything more than maybe 2 1/2", but any snubbie should fit fine.

The only possible downside I've found is that it's not the easiest to re-holster. But, if you have to draw, you're probably not too concerned with re-holstering. It does a great job of keeping the gun from getting sweaty, unless you sweat enough to feel like you've had a shower.

I also have one of those that I used with my Taurus 24/7 'Compact'. No complaints at all. And, the most expensive I've seen on their site is between $60-70 for a 'hard' tuckable holster.
    Philly Boy likes this.

What size for Windicator?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I have one in 2", and love it.

This is the holster I use; but it's a lefty.
    Patented Design

Inexpensive, quality product, and extremely comfortable. If you want, I can put a picture of it up in a little while.
    I am also left handed and have a Windicator. The holster web site does not list the EAA brand. What size did you get for yours?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    I am also left handed and have a Windicator. The holster web site does not list the EAA brand. What size did you get for yours?

Thanks,
    Jerry
    In fact I wrote to N8 about holsters for the Windicator 2" .357 and got a reply from them below:

Hello Jerry,

We do not currently offer any holsters that will fit this handgun. We currently only make a holster for the smaller J frame & similar revolvers. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your interest in our products.
    --
    Amanda Beard
    N82 Tactical, Inc.
    Order Processing & Shipping Dept.

Eaa windicator pistol 357 magnum

Quote Originally Posted by philly boy View Post
    need a holster for my lnib "windicator" and none of my holsters will fit. Any owners out there with suggestions? Jeff hays is my usual go-to guy or brad at bear river, but want to know what you have and how you like them. Thanks.
    go to ebay, they have a selections of holsters (strap on or belt clip)
    i bought 2 belt clips from ebay for my 357 4 inch taurus, & my ruger 6 inch 357 magnum.
    Its not that expensive!!

Hey Philly Boy, Tommy Theis can custom make you a hybrid holster for that Windicator. He made me a custom IWB for a Taurus DAO six shot .357 2" and I love it. Horsehide back with a kydex shell. I can carry it all day long with no problem. If I could learn how to post links and pictures I would, but just go to his website. At the time I got mine the horsehide was $65.00 and the cowhide was $55.00.

I don't remember the exact model of the holster; but I think it was the same as the j-frame holster.

Sorry it's been so long- work has been keeping me away from the computer (and any free time).

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area
    I had no luck in finding an affordable leather ‘true’ fitment IWB for my 2” .357 Windicator , so I eventually settled on one of these:

Amazon.com: Outbags OB-03L (RIGHT) Nylon IWB Conceal & OWB Open Combo Carry Gun Holster for S&W M&P 9 / 22 / 40 / 45, S&W 357 / 5904 / 4013 / SD9, Springfield XD40 / XD45, Sig Sauer 1911-22 / P226, and More: Sports & Outdoors

I was actually surprised as to how well it works for comfortable and secure IWB carry…

The holster is ‘sweat-proof’, and is also soft lined, which helps protect my blued finish from total ‘holster wear’ ruin. There’s a fully adjustable snap thumb-break, that also helps keeps the piece secure, and firmly in place until needed. Note: Beware of velcro retainers WITHOUT a thumb-break…they will slow an emergency draw considerably.

And there’s a large steel clip keeps it secure in place, wherever it’s placed on the belt.

USA made (AL) made it even more appealing to me. Not to mention a very affordable price delivered to my mailbox.

Not at all sorry I bought it…turned out to be a real good choice.

Best, FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

Links