Searching for a horizontal magazine pouch, discreet for CCW on my belt....

This is a discussion on Searching for a horizontal magazine pouch, discreet for CCW on my belt.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a really nice and subtle 2x2x2 ammo pouch from Galco for myCC revolver, snaps onto the belt and altho it is in plain ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Searching for a horizontal magazine pouch, discreet for CCW on my belt....

I have a really nice and subtle 2x2x2 ammo pouch from Galco for myCC revolver, snaps onto the belt and altho it is in plain site it virtually disappears when wearing a black belt. You can't see any of the rounds, yet they are easily accessible if needed.

Taurus 65 a.jpg

I am looking for a similar set-up for a single single-stack 9mm and a single double-stack 9mm magazine, horizontal, also for my belt for CC. I dont want a basketweave police-style magazine carrier, but something more discreet. It needs to conceal the contents: no 1/2 coverage, or a unit that exposes the bottom 1/2 of the magazine. I know there are some knife pouches that may work, but horizontal is pretty hard to find.

Any suggestions, links, etc. would be appreciated!

For the mag pouch.....Get a horizontal smart phone pouch, I use one for my phone and it would work quite well for a mag pouch
    sid1 likes this.

got a pic? model? i'd like to have one that holds a 17rd glock mag

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    For the mag pouch.....Get a horizontal smart phone pouch, I use one for my phone and it would work quite well for a mag pouch

^THIS^^^^^^^^

is what I would do.

I am using a vertical cell phone pouch for my M&P9c mag, and it would most likely fit others as well.
    sid1 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Actually, I think I going with this:

pouch.jpg

With a black flashlight, people who notice would think it was just a phone or flashlight carrier. The round steel things on the end are scissors, which I won't be carrying but since it is an EMT item, they are in the pic. The magazine would be totally enclosed, and should hold a single or a double stack magazine, maybe even two. If I don;'t carry the flashlight, I think it would be very hard for people to even notice, altho I usually will have an outer shirt totally covering my belt. My holster is an ultra hi ride, almost even with my belt line, so a horizontal carry like this should work fine. It has velcro straps with snaps that loop over your belt to attach it horizintally. I have it on order, and will post up some pics on my belt, loaded with my EDC gear... but thanks for the tips!

What about the "Safariland 123 Concealment Magazine Holder"?

Attached Images
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    --Jason--

I have had that for several years, and it is marginal for what I want. It is very easy to see that it contains a gun magazine. It is somewhat versatile, in that it will hold single or double stack mags, and it attaches easily to the belt, but I really want something that hides the magazine.

The material the older ones were made from was a pleather-type of material that degrades quickly and starts flaking off, especially on the straps and any areas that bend. It looked fine for a year or so, but then became really ratty looking...it is possible they make it from a different material now.

I use a leatherman case for the spare mag for a Kahr PM9.
    Justified likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Wyoming custom leather Custom leather cell phone cases and leather cell phone cases from Wyoming Custom Leather, makers of custom leather cell phone cases, custom saddles, tack, chaps, chinks, custom leather briefcases, handbags, purses, spurstraps, and more. He makes good stuff. I have a horizontal cell phone case that I have been using everyday for the past 8 years, its almost long enough to fit a 1911 mag (I had it made when cell phones were bigger--now that phones are smaller, I have to use duct tape and 550 cord to put a pull handle on the silly phone)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

This is what I use
    Attached Images
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member
    I have this Galco horizontal holder in black that I'm not using. It's model HMC26B - I bought it for SIG 220 single stack 45's, but it may fit other single stacks. If you choose your gun off the list you can see the model number when you go to choose additional options.

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

The Galco is just like the Safariland: they don't conceal the magazine. If I am wearing tucked, IWB, I don't want a magazine being visible on my belt. I need total concealment. The Leatherman case is in the right direction, but I have not seen any that are horizontal carry. Maybe a EMT nylon belt pouch will work, sort of like the one I posted, but I want the magazine to be totally out of view and horizontal is a must, so it won't dig into my sides when seated in a car. I know it's out there....I just can't find it!

The Wilderness makes a horiziontal carry nylon pouch that completely conceals the magazine. i use one to carry my Leatherman. check their site.

The Wilderness site only shows mag pouches for single or double-stack pistol magazines, but the holder only covers 1/2 of the magazine: it is horizontal, but it is not concealed at all. Do you have a link for the holder you are thinking of?

it's apparently semi-discontinued. go to thewilderness.com, go to 'wilderness made accessories' from the list on the left side, and look for the HIC (Horizontal Implement Case). they are currently selling some NOS (new old stock) HIC's in their Small size. check dimensions to see if it's a possibility for your mag. i suspect that it will work for your single stack mag, but not for the double stack one. $18 and change.

on further examination, it may not hide the complete length of the magazine any better than some of the carriers that others have suggested. the velcro retaining strap still exposes the edges of the end of the magazine.
    Last edited by sensei2; May 15th, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: adding information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links