Holster Idea Needed, S&W 19 IWB

This is a discussion on Holster Idea Needed, S&W 19 IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello. I'm looking for ideas for a decent quality IWB holster for a 2 1/2" S&W 19-5 revolver. I'm trying to stay away from the ...

Thread: Holster Idea Needed, S&W 19 IWB

Holster Idea Needed, S&W 19 IWB

Hello. I'm looking for ideas for a decent quality IWB holster for a
    2 1/2" S&W 19-5 revolver. I'm trying to stay away from the metal belt clips, prefer to go with dual leather straps. I've been checking many manufacturers and have found a few that may work great, but they have an 8-12 week lead time.

Does anyone have any ideas or personal experience with an IWB for a K-frame Smith? I'm trying to keep the price in the sub-$90 range if possible, but if it's neccessary I'll let loose of a little more. And I suppose if a 8-12 week lead time is the norm, I'll just have to learn to be patient!

JLaw

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well, lots of us make what you are talking about. Gary, Matt, Kevin and the lot make a great IWB....
    With loops check out the Max Con V and other similar designs.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Don Hume

I've got a DON HUME H715M-S.O.O.T IWB for a Ruger SP-101 that I really like. It's comfortable and stable. I checked the website and I think it is offered for the K-frame sized guns, but I can't swear to it. Here is the link.www.donhume.com
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Check out Gary Brommeland's Max Con V www.brommelandgunleather.com . Do a search and get the general opinion of Gary and his holsters. He is one of the best.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Price Western Leather model 120 TS

I have a S&W model 66 with 2.5 inch barrel, which is the stainless steel clone of your model 19. I prefer OWB holsters (I know you asked about IWB) and wanted to recommend one that I found for this gun. Earlier this year I happened to buy a PWL holster for my model 66 on the discount page of Gunner's Alley, a holster dealer. It turns out that PWL (Price Western Leather) is an old line English holster maker that has a US outlet in Atlanta.

The PWL model 120 TS Covert Open Top Holster I bought is one of the best holsters I have seen, both in the quality of leather and workmanship, and in the design. The holster is cleverly designed to swing the muzzle of the gun out slightly from the body, which pushes the butt of the revolver firmly into my side for extremely good concealment. It has become one of my favorite holsters, and I have been carrying the model 66 a fair amount lately.

Price Western Leather US website

PWL model 120 holster

Our current lead time has cut down from the 8-12 week range. We are getting down to around 4-6 week range. We should be around a month or less within a couple of weeks and perhaps down around a 2-3 week timeframe in about 3. I will keep you guys updated on our progress. In regards to an IWB we can make one for the model you are looking for and you could go with the Pull The Dot Snap loops or our Injection Molded J-hooks.
    Cory Chapin
    Production Manager
    Blade-Tech Ind.

Links