Defensive Carry banner

Remora Mag Release Issue M&P9c (pics)

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mattmann 
#1 ·
Dr. appointment this morning, I decided to carry with the Remora for ease and safety, keeping the pistol in the holster while disrobing. Removing the rig from my waist band I noticed the mag had released. I'm in the habit of giving the mag a good tap before holstering so I immediately thought I have an issue with the Remora. I've worn it several times going out and a good bit around the house with no problems. Sure enough when I returned home... same thing, the mag had released. Needless to say the Remora is out for carrying the M&Pc. Not sure why this just started, maybe because the reinforced top has slowly lost tension.

6-RFT-L-SS-T Reinforced top with sweat shield

(not sure why the "L" but this is a right handed holster)

You can see in the photo where the mag release has indented the material around the Remora's edge.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have had the same issue many times with my full size .40 M&P. I won't use my remora anymore because of it...I've been emailing Alan at Remora about the issue and he seems very willing to help get it figured out. I'll let you know what we end up finding.

Reactions: TheShadow
#3 ·
While I love the Remora holsters and have quite a few, I don't see a need for the reinforced mouth on the holsters. If I have to draw my pistol in a defensive encounter, reholstering my pistol won't be done until the encounter is over. Then I'll just pull out the regular Remora, insert my pistol and put it all back in my pants.

I have wondered about the reinforced tops buy haven't yet ordered one. Since I too have a M&P 9, I will order a holster like yours and check it out for myself.

Any pistol losing the magazine is not a good thing. Guys, please post what you find out from Alan.

Safe shooting,
Vv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.