Any concerns with a Remora?

This is a discussion on Any concerns with a Remora? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've posted a few threads seeking advice on a holster for my G 36 and G 19. Several have suggested Rmora. I started reading other ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any concerns with a Remora?

Any concerns with a Remora?

I've posted a few threads seeking advice on a holster for my G 36 and G 19. Several have suggested Rmora. I started reading other threads, visited the Remora site and viewed YouTube videos.

The design and material seem to work. My question --

I have Glock's with the safe action trigger. Does anyone who carries a Glock in a Remora have a concern with the softness of the Remora activating or allowing something external activating the Glock trigger?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

While not a Glock, I have carried my XD SC in a Remorra and it was okay. It isnt my favorite holster though. I still like the crossbreed the best and seem to return to it after short flings with new holsters.

I have no problems with the Remora ever. Search it.

I can not see an issue. The trigger is well covered and the holster is thick enough there is not really any chance of something pushing the trigger through the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by eipo View Post
    The trigger is well covered and the holster is thick enough there is not really any chance of something pushing the trigger through the holster.
    Fully agree. I have no concerns with creating a safety issue. Remora holsters are made of a very durable material that does not seem like it would be flexible enough to ever activate the trigger. I love the Remora I have for my PF9 and will be picking another one up for my Glock 36 soon.

Thanks for all of your comments!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I'm thinking of getting the wife one for her XDsc

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Quote Originally Posted by RangelTx View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the wife one for her XDsc

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    I think there is one for sale in the classifieds section.

I have 4 Remora holsters, including one for the Glock 19. I don't see how it's possible to pull the trigger while the gun is in the holster while actively trying. There's absolutely no chance of it going off when carrying IWB.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    I EDC my Full Size M&P45 in a Remora (#11 ART RFT) and love it. It is so flexible in how I position it depending on the clothes I'm wearing that day, etc. One thing to be cautious of is that it does need some compression in order to stay. I use a belt on my pants and that holds it fine (in fact it actually helps keep my pants from slipping down). With the lighter guns (like my former KT PF9 in a #4 ART RFT) I could use it with my shorts and sweat pants without a belt. But my 45 is quite a bit heavier.

I also have a Remora Double-Mag Holster which holds two extra mags.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

First, my recommendation to you is to not carry any Glock in condition 1.

Second, you should not have any problems with the Glock trigger and a Remora Holster. What you do need to be careful of is if you have an extended magazine release and you carry in a Remora with the Reinforced Opening. You can and will likely press the extended mag release and lose your magazine. That is not good period. While not all handguns will have this problem, I do know the Glocks do. I think Remora is working on solving this issue. Plus, this is not limited a Remora holster, any holster that could put pressure on the mag release will cause this problem.

Personally, I have not found a strong need for the reinforced mouth. If I need to pull my gun in defense of a threat, I will not need to reholster until the threat is over and then I can just pull out the Remora, insert my gun and put everything back in my pants. I love my Remoras. I also use the 3-Speed Holster and the White Hat holster.

Safe shooting,
    Vv

Quote Originally Posted by VNvet View Post

Safe shooting,
    Vv
    Condition 1 is the only way to carry, IMO. The gun is not gonna go bang unless you pull the trigger, and if you ever need it I'm not gonna take the chance that I gonna have time to rack the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I have a Remora as one of my carry holsters for my XD Subcompact. No complaints at all.

Mine started releasing the mags during carry. The RFT bead is hitting the mag release (with sweat shield)

You can see the indentation on the RFT's edge (M&P9c)

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by VNvet View Post
    What is your reservation for carrying a Glock in condition 1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links