Defensive Carry banner

Any concerns with a Remora?

8K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  Ram Rod 
#1 ·
I've posted a few threads seeking advice on a holster for my G 36 and G 19. Several have suggested Rmora. I started reading other threads, visited the Remora site and viewed YouTube videos.

The design and material seem to work. My question --

I have Glock's with the safe action trigger. Does anyone who carries a Glock in a Remora have a concern with the softness of the Remora activating or allowing something external activating the Glock trigger?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Mike

#5 ·
The trigger is well covered and the holster is thick enough there is not really any chance of something pushing the trigger through the holster.
Fully agree. I have no concerns with creating a safety issue. Remora holsters are made of a very durable material that does not seem like it would be flexible enough to ever activate the trigger. I love the Remora I have for my PF9 and will be picking another one up for my Glock 36 soon.

#9 ·
I have 4 Remora holsters, including one for the Glock 19. I don't see how it's possible to pull the trigger while the gun is in the holster while actively trying. There's absolutely no chance of it going off when carrying IWB.

#10 ·
I EDC my Full Size M&P45 in a Remora (#11 ART RFT) and love it. It is so flexible in how I position it depending on the clothes I'm wearing that day, etc. One thing to be cautious of is that it does need some compression in order to stay. I use a belt on my pants and that holds it fine (in fact it actually helps keep my pants from slipping down). With the lighter guns (like my former KT PF9 in a #4 ART RFT) I could use it with my shorts and sweat pants without a belt. But my 45 is quite a bit heavier.

I also have a Remora Double-Mag Holster which holds two extra mags.

#11 ·
First, my recommendation to you is to not carry any Glock in condition 1.

Second, you should not have any problems with the Glock trigger and a Remora Holster. What you do need to be careful of is if you have an extended magazine release and you carry in a Remora with the Reinforced Opening. You can and will likely press the extended mag release and lose your magazine. That is not good period. While not all handguns will have this problem, I do know the Glocks do. I think Remora is working on solving this issue. Plus, this is not limited a Remora holster, any holster that could put pressure on the mag release will cause this problem.

Personally, I have not found a strong need for the reinforced mouth. If I need to pull my gun in defense of a threat, I will not need to reholster until the threat is over and then I can just pull out the Remora, insert my gun and put everything back in my pants. I love my Remoras. I also use the 3-Speed Holster and the White Hat holster.

Safe shooting,
Vv

#12 ·
First, my recommendation to you is to not carry any Glock in condition 1.

Safe shooting,
Vv
Condition 1 is the only way to carry, IMO. The gun is not gonna go bang unless you pull the trigger, and if you ever need it I'm not gonna take the chance that I gonna have time to rack the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I have one that I keep in my truck. It allows me to keep the gun between the console and the seat. It won't move! I use it occasionally to carry my Glock 19 or 30SF, condition 1. I don't think there is any concern with the holster not being secure enough. FYI: I got one size smaller than what my LGS suggested. I got a #8, I think it fits both Glocks well.

The one thing I don't like about the Remora is its thickness. It does add a little too much bulk as far as I'm concerned. It's a good holster to have so you can throw it on real quick if you have to run to the store or something. One thing for sure, it does not move wherever you put it.

After seeing that pic, I'm a little concerned about it dropping a mag! Not so much for me as for you righties though. I'm lefty but my mag catch is on the left. That's the way I like them even though my Gen 4 and my Beretta 92FS are reversible. I find it easier to drop the mag using my trigger finger or middle finger as opposed to shifting my grip to do it with my thumb. Anyhow, I can see where that could be an issue for right-handers and even a little for me.

#20 ·
I have a remora for my G27. The remora protects the trigger plenty. It would be nearly impossible for the trigger to be pulled while in a remora holster.

That being said, I am not nearly as enthusiastic about remora holsters as some are. I Only use mine when I plan to be driving a lot (wedges nicely between the seats, very easy access) or if I am running a lot of errands where I will have to arm/disarm often. I find that for all day carry, It just does not stay in place as well as I'd like. Every time I sit down/stand up or get into or out of a car it moves a little. Pretty soon the grip is several inches from where I expect it to be.

#28 ·
I have had the same experience as Yupp. As much as I want to like it I find that it moves when worn throughout the day and eventually I find the grip riding my waistband, which is a less than desirable position and not how I train. This could very well be due to the fact that I am a bit of a fat ass and my love handles get in the way, but it is what it is.

I will add to that that I have had it come out of my waistband while drawing 4 times now around the house. This was while my pants were secured with a belt. Since i bought it for quick trips to the store while in sweats etc and most likely not wearing a belt my confidence in its ability to remain where it should in a real situation where I needed to draw to protect myself or a loved one is just not there. I will use it in the car between the seat or for a glove box holder but I just don't see myself trusting it with my life.

After looking at that photo at the top I am wondering if my mag release is catching on the RFT edge, pulling it from my waistband? Either way I don't have the time or energy to figure it our when my Comp-Tac MTac does its job so well.

#31 ·
I tried a Remora for my S&W Model 10 2" and never felt comfortable with the holsters security when actively moving about.

I also like a holster that maintains it's shape for reholstering.

As far as my Glock 23 and 36 are concerned I carry them in a high Noon Public Secret holster and am completely satisfied with comfort and security.

Handgun holster Leather
Handgun holster Tan Brown Leather Gun accessory
Handgun holster Belt Climbing harness Waist Gun accessory

click image to enlarge....

#35 ·
Concerns with a Remora holster and carrying a Glock? You serious? Soft? What you talkin' 'bout? I've carried my G27 in a Remora holster appendix style for the past three years and I've never given a second's thought about blowing my nuts off. Holsters don't pull the trigger......you do. I have more to say on this matter, but I like to remain a member of this forum in good standing......please respect that and.......................................... PM me any time. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.