HBE Leather ordered!

This is a discussion on HBE Leather ordered! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all! I am pretty new here and to CCW. I just ordered my first leather holster, belt and mag/light combo. It has only been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HBE Leather ordered!

HBE Leather ordered!

Hello all! I am pretty new here and to CCW. I just ordered my first leather holster, belt and mag/light combo. It has only been a week since I ordered and I'm feeling really excited and impatient already! This is my first leather purchase and am kind of nervous that I ordered the right stuff.

I ordered a COM3 tuckable for a Tanfoglio Witness P Compact in .45.
    Eric seemed to be a good guy and he said he could make one for the Witness(not many ppl making them with the acc. rail).
    How does everyone that has a HBE setup like it?
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them"--Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Once you strap that first real custom leather holster combo on - you'll be in heaven. You will start to think of guns to buy just to outfit them in sweet leather!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Once you strap that first real custom leather holster combo on - you'll be in heaven.
    No doubt. Nothing like carrying in a good holster made for your specific gun ... I can't imagine 24/7/365 carry in some cheap Uncle Mike's Nylon thing or a belly band (I started carrying a Steyr M40 in an Action Direct Defender ... what the hell was I thinking? ).

I've got a DC Special made by Eric that my Kahr MK9 rides in daily ... its a wonderful holster that makes carrying a gun every day pleasant.

The COM3 is a good choice (especially for that large a gun). I'm a big proponent of dual loop/clip type holsters ... gun doesn't "walk" around your waist like a single loop/clip (plus I think they are overall thinner since the thickness of the loop or clip is not over the thickness of the gun itself).

I've been wearing my COM3 Tuckable with my J-frame since about 8:30 this morning (it's now 7:45pm). I'm not entirely sold on the tuckable feature of any holster but figured I'd give it a try. The holster works great as a regular IWB and that's how I wear it - it's secure, comfortable and conceals quite well.

The J-frame is my special purpose gun when I need something smaller than my 1911. My wife and I took my Mom and Step-Dad to the local Greek Festival today - hot, humid and people were elbow to elbow all day long. No problem carrying in the COM3 and, as far as I know, nobody even suspected I was carrying. I think you'll be pleased when your order comes in.
    Jack

Eric is great to deal with. I recently received my Com 3 for my K frame Smith & Wesson and it is well made and comfortable to wear. Good luck and great shooting.

Tex
    Last edited by tex45acp; September 12th, 2006 at 10:48 AM.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

fordfreek,
    You should be very pleased with the HBE product. Eric is a true craftsman. Here's the pancake OWB he made for my CZ75B 9mm. It fits the weapon like a glove.

"If you're going to shoot then shoot-don't talk" Eli Wallach-"The Good,The Bad, and the Ugly"

His work looks impressive and he does do alot of CZs so I figured he would be the best to do a Tanfoglio Witness. I hate having to wait so long for it.
    He seems like a really good guy, but I have been reading alot of bad stuff on him about service on other forums(CZforum). I know he had some personal trouble awhile back but I hope he remains professional and honest with me.

I would like to get a holster in the meantime but can't seem to find one cheap.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them"--Thomas Jefferson

He had some rough personal problems (haven't we all!!) and he got behind - Now he is back! He openly apologized and I think he's caught up. But he has always been professional and honest! Give him a chance - he does great work!!

BTW, custom holsters are always worth the wait!!

I really only mentioned it so I made sure he had a chance to get his side out on the other forum. I had already read alot of posts on various forums before I ordered from him. I am always will to give someone a chance as crap does happen from time to time. I'm not too worried as he seemed like a standup guy when I talked to him.

He was vary helpful with me being this is my first custom holster purchase. I know it takes time for a leather artisan to do his thing so I am prepared for the wait. I just get excited and anxious, especially when I see everyone elses holsters on here!!

BTW: nice looking holsters!!

fordfreek,

It will be worth the wait and you will like dealing with Eric. He is the consumate professional. I certainly would not recommend him if I were not sure he will treat you right.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Fordfreek...thanks for the heads up. I dont get to the CZforum often, but obviously need to more than I do. I will get this taken care off.
    This is a screw up and nothing more. Admittedly I do screw stuff up and will continue to from time to time...but Im very honest about it and do the best I can to rectify the problem.

Thanks and god bless.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Eric or anyone else know of anywhere I can get a decent holster for a my Witness compact 45 w/rail? I really want something not very expensive just till I get my stuff from Eric??

Eric,
    I tried to email you at your juno.com address on your website and it bounced. Do you have somewhere I can email you?

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Sure....gunleatherguy@juno.com
    second email thats topsecret......or I guess it was till now?
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Thanks...just shot you an email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links