car carry - Page 2

car carry

This is a discussion on car carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by apvbguy you need to check the laws in each state that you plan on visiting, in FLA some of those rigs would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: car carry

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you need to check the laws in each state that you plan on visiting, in FLA some of those rigs would not be legal
    When you do check the laws for various states access the information from each states web page and not from advice given here or other gun forums. While the info given might be correct you run the risk it isn't and that can be costly to you.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    When you do check the laws for various states access the information from each states web page and not from advice given here or other gun forums. While the info given might be correct you run the risk it isn't and that can be costly to you.
    I said it in previous reply and am repeating because it is important. I know that in SC if it is not on you (per your CCWP) or in you glove compartment or console or trunk it is illegal. All these holsters and rigs shown in previous replies are illegal in SC. If that is the case in SC, you betcha they are illegal elsewhere. Beware

This is what I did:

How do you carry in your car?

I wedge a Remora 5art between the passenger seat and console. It sticks fairly well, blends in and I can get a full grip.

Gun2.jpgGun1.jpg

I would prefer a solution that involved keeping the gun on my body but haven't found one yet. I am not allowed to carry at work so I need a solution that facilitates unobtrusively locking it in the parking lot before entering their "secure" building. This works, for now.

since this thread got bumped i though id share what i ended up doing.

I got a IWB form PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters. for my shield, now since Im a lefty and this is America having it on the left side for a left draw left little room. So I ended up wearing it on the left side as an OWB holster while driving, meaning it was cross draw for my right hand. Worked quit well and was very comfortable on the long drive, and since it was an easy on and off holster i could then wear it IWB when I was eating or anything else out of the car

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I wedge a Remora 5art between the passenger seat and console. It sticks fairly well, blends in and I can get a full grip.

Gun2.jpgGun1.jpg

I would prefer a solution that involved keeping the gun on my body but haven't found one yet. I am not allowed to carry at work so I need a solution that facilitates unobtrusively locking it in the parking lot before entering their "secure" building. This works, for now.
    Audi TT, that's my daily driver ;-)

I am a lefty also, and I use a generic slide leather holster that I clip in the lower door pocket. I'll take a picture tomorrow when the sun comes up.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you need to check the laws in each state that you plan on visiting, in FLA some of those rigs would not be legal
    Fellow Floridian here. If not "securely encased" we must keep our weapons concealed here in FL while in a vehicle, is that your understanding?
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links