Anyone use the DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the LC9?

This is a discussion on Anyone use the DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the LC9? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Everyone, Just looking at a new holster for my LC9. I'm carrying it IWB in a sticky holster right now as I am in ...

Thread: Anyone use the DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the LC9?

Anyone use the DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the LC9?

Hey Everyone,
    Just looking at a new holster for my LC9. I'm carrying it IWB in a sticky holster right now as I am in and out of areas where I can/can't carry all day (makes taking the gun on and off simple and easy), but it is honestly no where near being as comfortable as carrying my SR9 in a OWB Blackhawk Serpa holster. So, I am looking for an OWB holster for the LC9 that is still excellent in the concealment department (warmer weather coming and all, I want to be sure that it conceals well...otherwise I should just carry my SR9). The DeSantis Mini Scabbard caught my eye as something that may work well. Anyone use one for the LC9 or similar pistol? Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help!

-crl

2. Remove Ads

I've got one on the way from Optics Planet and will let you know, once it arrives. This video helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0rjx...e_gdata_player
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

VIP Member
    I use one for a Glock 36. It rides fairly high and is quite secure. My only issue is that the front sight is exposed. I don't know if the LC9 would have the same issue.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Thanks for the input. The video was helpful and looks like the retention is good. Also good to know that the front sight is exposed on your G36. I'm going to look around for a few more pics before I go for it.

Got the holster today. It's really nice! It doesn't wobble around on your belt and lays snug against your side because of the "tunnel". I think my husband may try to keep it and my LC9... (NOT!)
    Here are a few pics.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Thanks for the pictures! The wobbling around was something I was concerned about, so it's good to hear that it is a non-issue for you.

It is really nice. In all honesty, I think my husband is thinking hard about getting an LC9 and this holster for himself. He currently has a Smith M&P 40 and was saying that my rig would make a nice BUG for him. Lol! What can I say... I always do my homework before I shop! ;)

The Pro Carry Belt Ride from The Holster Store is a nice OWB for the LC9, because the belt-loop side of the holster really snugs it in close to your body, and positions the gun fairly high up, making for easy concealment. Affordable, too.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Links