Defensive Carry banner

Plug for Texas Custom Holsters

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  airbur 
#1 ·
Received a side mount vehicle holster from these guys and love it. Install was a breeze and the gun fits perfectly. Mounting position is on the side of my 4Runner's center console next to my right knee. You can't see it and provides a great access point when in the car.

-----------------------------------------
Sleep, Eat, Train, Repeat

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good, but does it stick out too far thus obstructing your knee?:confused:

#3 ·
Nope. Depends on how you mount it, your size, and the design of your vehicle. It just brushes my knee and is no bother. The spacing is nice as you can get all your fingers around the grip.

-----------------------------------------
Sleep, Eat, Train, Repeat

#5 ·
Just curious about the laws in your state: in South Carolina, if you have a CWP you can obviously carry it on your person, but if in a car and not on your person, it can be loaded but must be in a closed compartment. GLove box, center console, etc.

Does your state allow the gun to be secured in your vehicle in a holster like that? I think the SC law is designed to keep the weapon secure in the event of an accident, but not really sure. I'd love to be able to holster it to the car if my state allowed it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.