Defensive Carry banner

IWB for the SHIELD

15K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  RookWV 
#1 ·
Looking for a real comfy IWB for my Shield and want to get one that is economical as well as comfortable. Checked out Brommeland Leather and they certainly come highly regarded, but at a hefty price-- about $ 140 for the Special version and close to $200 for the Professional model.I don't care a lot for the Crossbreed type, but have one and it is O.K., but is for OWB. Suggestions? Thanks.:wave:

#2 ·
Just looked up pjholsters from another post and they look like they might be the kind I'll try; but I do prefer leather.:rolleyes:

#7 ·
I just got this one off ebay from ETW Holsters. It just arrived today, so I haven't tried it, but it is high quality.

The reason I got this one is because you can move the clip to the opposite side of the holster making it both a right or left hand IWB.

My M&P Shield will be worn mostly weak side (left hand) as my BUG however, for occasions where I may want to carry it as my primary gun, I wanted something I could also wear strong side (right) with the same holster.

While holsters for the M&P Shield are not yet listed on the website, he is making them for the Shield. I found mine on ebay. Here are his current listings as of today on ebay for the M&P Shield, which includes pancake and paddle holsters as well as two of the IWB ready to ship today. ($45 - $60)

Exotic hides on his website include Alligator, Elephant, Hippo, Ostrich, Shark & Stingray.

Hand made in USA by a one man operation.

As I just got mine today, I'll post a review on it soon after I've had a chance to use it for a week or two.

(Photo shows a Glock, but each holster is hand fitted to the specific firearm)

#8 ·
I picked up a MTAC for my shield. It is pretty comfortable, not as comfortable as my Pure Kustom Black Ops Pros, but it was half the price.

#15 ·
I think I have something that fits the bill. I am selling an IWB holster from pjholster.com here in the marketplace.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-wts-iwb-pj-holster-mag-pouch-m-p-shield.html

That's a link to the page. Selling an IWB holster and mag pouch for a good price and you don't have to wait a few weeks for them to make it. It's a great holster and I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way.

#16 ·
I've been searching for something as well. I grabbed an Uncle Mike's from the local sporting goods store to have something right now (Size 12)....waiting on a Remora to arrive any day now.

Really like the form of the PJ holsters, why muck up a thin gun with a thick holster? But I'm a little concerned about how that kydex feels against the skin and how it holds up in cold weather.

I'll probably end up with an CompTac MTAC, I like the ability of swapping out the shell for different guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.