IWB for the SHIELD

This is a discussion on IWB for the SHIELD within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a real comfy IWB for my Shield and want to get one that is economical as well as comfortable. Checked out Brommeland Leather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: IWB for the SHIELD

IWB for the SHIELD

Looking for a real comfy IWB for my Shield and want to get one that is economical as well as comfortable. Checked out Brommeland Leather and they certainly come highly regarded, but at a hefty price-- about $ 140 for the Special version and close to $200 for the Professional model.I don't care a lot for the Crossbreed type, but have one and it is O.K., but is for OWB. Suggestions? Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Just looked up pjholsters from another post and they look like they might be the kind I'll try; but I do prefer leather.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

high noon holsters makes their IWB for the shield
    Philly Boy and Old School like this.

Try Kolbeson Leatherworks.

Home Page
    bbmclain likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sticky Holster is what I went with until there's a Silent Thunder available.
    Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment

sgb
    Contact RKBA Holsters he just picked up a M&P Shield and offers both leather and kydex.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I just got this one off ebay from ETW Holsters. It just arrived today, so I haven't tried it, but it is high quality.

The reason I got this one is because you can move the clip to the opposite side of the holster making it both a right or left hand IWB.

My M&P Shield will be worn mostly weak side (left hand) as my BUG however, for occasions where I may want to carry it as my primary gun, I wanted something I could also wear strong side (right) with the same holster.

While holsters for the M&P Shield are not yet listed on the website, he is making them for the Shield. I found mine on ebay. Here are his current listings as of today on ebay for the M&P Shield, which includes pancake and paddle holsters as well as two of the IWB ready to ship today. ($45 - $60)

Exotic hides on his website include Alligator, Elephant, Hippo, Ostrich, Shark & Stingray.

Hand made in USA by a one man operation.

As I just got mine today, I'll post a review on it soon after I've had a chance to use it for a week or two.

(Photo shows a Glock, but each holster is hand fitted to the specific firearm)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I picked up a MTAC for my shield. It is pretty comfortable, not as comfortable as my Pure Kustom Black Ops Pros, but it was half the price.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

McCabe's Custom Leather

Just picked up one of these for my Shield. Excellent fit and quality.

Has anyone tried the PJ tuckable. Looking for something for my new Shield but i have no experience with tuckables. Ken

Tommy Theis makes IWB rigs for the S&W Shield. I have one of his horsehide holsters for my 3rd gen S&W and it's great. Tommy does good work FAST and for a very fair price.

You can check on it here: Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

I picked up a crossbreed style hybrid holster from FoXX Holsters. Very comfortable and well made. I ordered on Sunday and had the holster by Wed. Only 39 bucks!

Purchase Leather and Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters - foxX holsters

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Take a look at Kusiak - these guys are making some seriously good holsters and they've got one for the Shield: Bodyguard 380 Holster - LC9 Lasermax Holster - LCP Holster - P238 Holster - Leather Holsters
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Looking for a real comfy IWB for my Shield and want to get one that is economical as well as comfortable. Checked out Brommeland Leather and they certainly come highly regarded, but at a hefty price-- about $ 140 for the Special version and close to $200 for the Professional model.I don't care a lot for the Crossbreed type, but have one and it is O.K., but is for OWB. Suggestions? Thanks.
    I make a pretty comfy one for a decent price.

I think I have something that fits the bill. I am selling an IWB holster from pjholster.com here in the marketplace.
    WTS: IWB PJ Holster and Mag Pouch for M&P Shield

That's a link to the page. Selling an IWB holster and mag pouch for a good price and you don't have to wait a few weeks for them to make it. It's a great holster and I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links