Defensive Carry banner

Kydex IWB Holster with pics.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  chiefjason 
#1 ·
This is my first try at Holster making. Any suggestions would be great. I used a razor knife on the leather and Im sure there is a better way. Over all Im happy. I think Ill look for better clips and buy black hardware.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Crossbreed has 6 bolts that secure the kydex to the leather...he only used five here, as im sure you can see now, it is not like a crossbreed at all.

On a serious note it looks professionally done man keep up the good work.

#4 ·
Cost me $ 6.00 for kydex, $15.00 for 12 x 12 piece of leather and about $10.00 - $15.00 dollars for bolts, t-nuts and washers. $4.00 for clips. Yes it is like a crossbreed. Im not reinventing the wheel here. It was just a fun project in the basement. I messed up the kydex twice but like I said, just starting to play with it.

#10 ·
I'll second the rivets. I believe Tucker was the first one. Seems to be a point of serious contention. I'd keep the clips. Anything else will probably cost more. They are really stiff at first but do break in a bit. You can make them out of the thick kydex, but they are not as durable. You can sand and burnish the edges if you want to clean up any poor cuts. For the first one, it works, it holds a gun, you're happy. Sounds like a success.

#14 ·
All I would change is to go with rivets on the kydex. Some craft stores sell them in their leather section. Or you can order them. I use medium gunmetal rivets from Springfield leather. They pass fine for black. Get the anvil and setter too. A few taps to set them and a few more hard whack to finish them. Keep the t nuts on the clips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.