Custom-made holster for new BP9CC by luvthegun....awesome!!

Custom-made holster for new BP9CC by luvthegun....awesome!!

This is a discussion on Custom-made holster for new BP9CC by luvthegun....awesome!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received a holster I discussed with Allen at www .luvthegunholsters.com and it is everything I hoped it would be. We discussed an extreme high ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Custom-made holster for new BP9CC by luvthegun....awesome!!

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array tooldawg99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    294

    Custom-made holster for new BP9CC by luvthegun....awesome!!

    Just received a holster I discussed with Allen at www .luvthegunholsters.com and it is everything I hoped it would be. We discussed an extreme high ride rig that would be concealed under a shorter shirt, and I requested that the leather of the rig be as close to the belt line as possible. What he came up with is pictured below.

    He actually could have brought the complete rig up another 3/4 inch had I not specified that I wanted a closed muzzle, and I think he is going to make the same style rig for my Glock 19, but with an open muzzle. The muzzle will be covered, not sticking thru the holster like a belt-slide with 3 or 4 inches of gun sticking out, and since it is not stitched closed it will actually ride 3/4 inch higher than these pics show for my BP9CC.

    Anyway, you will notice the tunneled loops, instead of standard belt holes, which seem to draw the rig tighter against the waist. I have been wearing it all day, and with a loaded magazine, and on an un-reinforced 1 3/4" nylon belt, the weight of the gun is not even noticable. Riding in my truck is a breeze, and it is positioned at 4:00, so my seat belt rests in front of the rig and my draw would not be impeded if I had to access the gun while seated. Against a black belt, even if the bottom part of the rig is exposed, it looks like part of the belt, or perhaps a phone case, but certainly does not scream "gun"!

    The stitching is perfect, the mold is outstanding, rivaling anything I have ever purchased from Galco or Bianchi. The shield keeps any part of the gun from rubbing or sticking into my side, and the grip of the gun is slightly canted outward to make a draw fast and easy. In short: it is perfect. And the cost? with shipping: $56.50 MUCH less than some other makers, and as far as I can tell, I did not sacrifice anything in quality. Like I said, I am so pleased, I am about to order another one for my GLock 19. And did I mention that once we agreed on the specs, it took a total of 5 days and 1 weekend for me to get it in my hands?

    Thank you, Allen! I am looking forward to getting another for my Glock, and I appreciate your craftsmanship and attention to detail. If any of you are considering a holster for your gun....I cannot recommend a better leathersmith than Allen. Value-pricing aside, you will be hard-pressed to get a better holster even at twice or three times the price!
    Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member Array Denster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    159
    It's good that you like it and it appears to carry reasonably well. That said I have to comment that it is not even in the same ballpark as Galco or Bianchi.

  3. #3
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    It's good that you like it and it appears to carry reasonably well. That said I have to comment that it is not even in the same ballpark as Galco or Bianchi.
    Galco isn't as good as they used to be and since Bianchi moved to Mexico their quality has suffered.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  4. #4
    Ex Member Array tooldawg99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    294
    Denster,

    I don't know what qualifications you have that make you an expert on holsters, if you just like to spout off opinions and come off as another internet expert on everything, but I own both Galco and Bianchi holsters. Have been using their products for years, probably more years than you've been out of diapers, and since I am the only one who has a sample of all 3 makers, I think I can make a reasonable comparison between them. And the holster I just had made is every bit the quality, fit and finish as Galco or Bianchi.

    If you don't like the post, or think a maker is beneath your standards, feel free to move on to another post and spare the rest of us your Trollish comments. Now....back under the bridge with you.

  5. #5
    Member Array garwha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lindale, Texas
    Posts
    100
    And from another owner of a BP9CC and a custom built Appendix located fast draw well concealed, and comfortable handmade holster form this maker I have to say, denster has no clue what you are talking about. You haven't seen one or owned one you have no information to base any claim on, you are just blowin it out your, well you know where the sun dosen't shine, I hope, but then again you don't know anything else.

  6. #6
    Member Array Denster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    Denster,

    I don't know what qualifications you have that make you an expert on holsters, if you just like to spout off opinions and come off as another internet expert on everything, but I own both Galco and Bianchi holsters. Have been using their products for years, probably more years than you've been out of diapers, and since I am the only one who has a sample of all 3 makers, I think I can make a reasonable comparison between them. And the holster I just had made is every bit the quality, fit and finish as Galco or Bianchi.

    If you don't like the post, or think a maker is beneath your standards, feel free to move on to another post and spare the rest of us your Trollish comments. Now....back under the bridge with you.
    Wow! I didn't expect that simple comment to get so many panties in a wad. To answer a few of your comments though. What qualifies me as knowledgeable on holsters is 35years as a LEO and nearly seven years making holsters full time as a retirement business. By the way I was out of diapers long before Galco or Bianchi were in existance. I used holsters from both companies professionally for years and their quality was and is far above what you posted.
    You may not like what I say but it doesn't make it less true. Now back under my bridge

  7. #7
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    Wow! I didn't expect that simple comment to get so many panties in a wad. To answer a few of your comments though. What qualifies me as knowledgeable on holsters is 35years as a LEO and nearly seven years making holsters full time as a retirement business. By the way I was out of diapers long before Galco or Bianchi were in existance. I used holsters from both companies professionally for years and their quality was and is far above what you posted.
    You may not like what I say but it doesn't make it less true. Now back under my bridge
    We have similar backgrounds however being relatively new to making holsters myself I try not to disparage other peoples works. The whole living in a glass house and not throwing stones thing.

    2ijj444.jpg
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  8. #8
    Member Array Denster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    We have similar backgrounds however being relatively new to making holsters myself I try not to disparage other peoples works. The whole living in a glass house and not throwing stones thing.

    2ijj444.jpg
    I didn't disparage the holster in itself. I only took issue with the comparison to Galco and Bianchi. Nice looking holster by the way. You must have made more than a few.

  9. #9
    Ex Member Array tooldawg99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    294
    Nice rig, SGB. One of yours?

    Opinions here are free, and worth what they are paid to get. I know neither Bianchi nor Galco offer anything close to what I wanted, and to have a maker take all of my want list into account and create a rig that seems in a sense to defy gravity is more than enough to earn my respect and appreciation. And I still consider the fit and finish to be on par with any other maker in business.

    I also tend to support small business any time I can. Local produce instead of Grocery stores, mom-and-pop shops instead of WalMart, etc. But when it comes to holsters, there is a level of quality that you expect and are sometimes disappointed when you go to lesser-known makers. I ordered an IWB holster from one smaller maker (many of you probably know him) and he used round head phillips screws on the rig to attach belt loops, that actually stuck into my skin! With that said, I wouldnt expect oversights/short-cuts like that from a Bianchi, and I did not get any disappointments from luvthegunholsters. Add to that it is a 100% custom work that nobody else on earth has (yet), and maybe you can understand why I am pleased with my rig.

  10. #10
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    Nice rig, SGB. One of yours?
    Yes Sir


    Thank you Denster, I started making holsters about 9 months ago.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  11. #11
    Member Array garwha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lindale, Texas
    Posts
    100
    And Allen has a local gun store in his area that just begs to have more of his produts, and they carry many name brand products and like his better.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array rednichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    It's good that you like it and it appears to carry reasonably well. That said I have to comment that it is not even in the same ballpark as Galco or Bianchi.
    Denster is right, this holster may be to the OP's liking, but it is neither well-designed nor well-made. At the very least the angle is suited only to crossdraw: the grip is not angled correctly to present for side draw while standing. And I'm happy to match my holster cred against any man in the world . To say more would be like taking a bad coffee back to the barista: if he doesn't know how to do it right the first time, he'll surely not know how to make it right the second time.

    But the OP is happy with the result, and that's all that matters unless something goes BANG.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

  13. #13
    Ex Member Array tooldawg99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Denster is right, this holster may be to the OP's liking, but it is neither well-designed nor well-made. At the very least the angle is suited only to crossdraw: the grip is not angled correctly to present for side draw while standing. And I'm happy to match my holster (blah, blah blah>>>.
    Wow.
    I guess that's how you roll in Aussie-land. Just wondering if all the other Aussie's are as full of crap as you are. "neither well-designed nor well-made"? Here's a nickel. Put it in your shorts and turn it into a dime, then call someone who gives a flying kangaroo what you think.

    See if Denster has some room under his Bridge for the two of you. You'd think with so much self-proclaimed expertise someone here may have ever heard of you, or your work.... maybe our standards are just ... em...er... "different" than what Aussie's accept.

  14. #14
    los
    los is offline
    VIP Member Array los's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    2,495
    We're gonna need a bigger Bridge..

    :)
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array rednichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    620

    Thumbs down Look before you leap

    Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    Wow.
    You'd think with so much self-proclaimed expertise someone here may have ever heard of you, or your work....
    Better do your research on the poster before you open your mouth, matie. That's how we roll here in Aussie land.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bersa bp9cc holster

,

bersa bp9cc holsters

,
bersa bp9cc iwb holster
,

bp9cc holster

,
bp9cc holsters
,

holster for bersa bp9cc

,
luv the gun holster
,

luv the gun holsters

,

luvthegun

,

luvthegun holster

,

luvthegun holsters

,

luvthegunholsters.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.