Need advice on holsters/ideas for CCWing a Full Size USP in .45ACP

This is a discussion on Need advice on holsters/ideas for CCWing a Full Size USP in .45ACP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and ideas, does anybody else carry one? what should i do what shouldnt i do,what should i stay away from?...

Thread: Need advice on holsters/ideas for CCWing a Full Size USP in .45ACP

Need advice on holsters/ideas for CCWing a Full Size USP in .45ACP

and ideas, does anybody else carry one? what should i do what shouldnt i do,what should i stay away from?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This one, on a Wilderness Instructor belt is the only holster model I use.
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I carry a comander size 1911, I use a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Black Ops Pro from Pure Kustom. The Pure Kustom is both IWB and OWB. It is an exellent holeter for double duty. Rocky makes a beautiful holster
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I carry a XD 9 service model with a corssbreed supertuck

I carry full sized glocks and my 57 in a remora IWB and also carry the glocks in a glock combat OWB and the 57 in a Galco OWB.
    90% of the time I carry them IWB

Rocky (Pure Kustom holster) made me a Spec Ops for my HK45 full size which works like a charm. He's really found the secret to comfort/aesthetics/concealment all in one. He's not cheap by any means, but you get what you pay for. I can jump up and down on his holsters and they will retain the shape better than anything I've deal with in the past. I have a Milt Sparks VMII that I carry my 5" 1911 in, and they make a USP 45 I believe, but you're going to wait 5 to 6 months to get it. If you can pick one up on ebay or Craigslist from a reputable dealer, you're going to pay well over $200 for the holster.
    Finally, I have a Crossbreed STD for my XDm 3.8 .45 which I like, but is no where near the level of Pure Kustom or Milt Sparks. Also, another reason I will recommend Rocky is that he has excellent customer service. If you call to order one from him, be prepared to spend 30 min on the phone talking with him-- he's as engaging in talk as he is with his leather.
    Go with Pure Kustom and you can't go wrong. VMII is the other good option, but again, you'll be playing the waiting game.

Remora.

I have a Remora that I carry my XD sc in. The only issue I have with it is what to do with the weapon when using the toilet in public.

Links