Crossbreed SnapSlide, or other low-profile OWB?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SnapSlide, or other low-profile OWB? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking about getting a SnapSlide for my M&P, but are there some other good low-profile owb holsters in the same price range (around $55)? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chiefjason

Thread: Crossbreed SnapSlide, or other low-profile OWB?

I'm thinking about getting a SnapSlide for my M&P, but are there some other good low-profile owb holsters in the same price range (around $55)? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Low-profile and OWB mean different things to different people. For example, a heavier person, wider in the middle, will have a more difficult time concealing an OWB holster without a cover garment. However, a thinner person may find that they can conceal perfectly will with an OWB and a simple t-shirt.

I am a thicker build, but I found an OWB in a very high ride conceals well for me. I do mean ultra-hi ride. Mitch Rosen makes an Upper Limit model that is very hi ride, and I had two made for me by a small custom holster maker, posted in another thread.

Again, your body type will determine what type and position of OWB holster will work the best. I agree that OWB provides the fastest access/draw and for most will be the most comfortable means of carry. Some folks here swear by IWB, but I just cannot carry IWB as comfortably as I can OWB. A little trial and testing will be helpful to finding the one that works best for you.

I am also an OWB carrier. While I agree body style does play a part in your carry, what and how you are comfortable carrying your sidearm is equally important. Each carry options has its own advantages and disadvantages. You need options. For example, I normally carry on my strong hip in a paddle holster. However today was very warm in the low 90's so I put my main carry away and exchanged it for a snubby in a shoulder rig.

The Crossbreeds look very appealing and I am considering the Superslide as I think it will be more comfortable for me (My main carry gun loaded with 9 rounds of 230gr. Golden Saber weighs 1023grams).

It is good to have choices so you might also want to consider a Com-Tac belt or paddle holster for the M&P.

Are we talking about the shield or another M&P? I can get this to your door for $30. I've been selling every one I put on ebay for the shield. PM me if you are interested. I do these for a few guns, but not a huge selection. I'm just now building things up. 8-9 oz Hermann oak leather on the back, kydex front, riveted on. Back side is black as well, has a sweat shield, and the edges are burnished.

Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Are we talking about the shield or another M&P? I can get this to your door for $30. I've been selling every one I put on ebay for the shield. PM me if you are interested. I do these for a few guns, but not a huge selection. I'm just now building things up. 8-9 oz Hermann oak leather on the back, kydex front, riveted on. Back side is black as well, has a sweat shield, and the edges are burnished.
    You make that in a paddle?

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    You make that in a paddle?
    Have not tinkered with paddles yet. Considering it. But these are keeping me pretty busy right now. I'm making them in my spare time.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I checked out the Comp-Tac paddle holsters; they look good. Does anyone know how much more the adjustable cant paddle holster sticks out from the waist compared to the regular paddle?

Chiefjason, that holster looks great!

Thanks for the reply. Would love to buy local but for now I'll have to go with the Galco at over twice the price. The Yaqui Slide Paddle is the only holster of this type I know of, at least for Glock.

Will you be making these for the XD-S (whenever they come out), Chief?
    Simple and miminalist! I like.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Do you make it for an M&P 9mm compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Do you make it for an M&P 9mm compact?
    I've got a blue gun on order for it. I've had several requests. Sorry for the delay. I was waiting to see about another gun. They are quoting that it will ship in a couple days. I figure it will take a week to be on the safe side. PM me if you are interested and we can work out the details.

Sponsored Links