Pistol Wear PT-ONE Question

This is a discussion on Pistol Wear PT-ONE Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased the left handed version of the PT-ONE and I'm curious if anyone can confirm that I indeed have the left handed model. ...

Thread: Pistol Wear PT-ONE Question

Pistol Wear PT-ONE Question

I recently purchased the left handed version of the PT-ONE and I'm curious if anyone can confirm that I indeed have the left handed model. The reason I ask is that the pouch for the extra magazine is on the left side of the main pouch. I would think that the spare magazine pouch would be on the right side for a lefty. Does anyone have either the left or right handed model? Which side is the spare mag pouch on?

Also, do you find the magnetic retention snap/strap more of a hindrance than a help? After practicing drawing from this holster for a few minutes I ended up cutting the thing off. I don't see how my CM9 needs the strap to stay put. I'll only be using it for bicycling and my gun has stayed secure without it during all my testing, including hanging it inverted and shaking it while on my body. Thanks for any feedback.
    Gunga Galunga

2. Remove Ads

Pics??
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338138319.660876.jpg

This view is the back of the holster, the part that would go against my body. I wear it at the 12:00 position. The gun and mag are intentionally shown sticking out for better visual orientation.
    Gunga Galunga

You indeed have the left handed version. My right handed version is the opposite of yours. I'm sure it is because they have the section hollowed out that the barrel can stick into off to the right for your version. They do this so people can carry full size guns if the wish. I have run and biked with my G17 in mine before. I mainly use the mag pouch for a full size folding knife. I also have no use for the magnetic retention strap either. The holster has plenty of retention because of it's stretchy quality.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    You indeed have the left handed version. My right handed version is the opposite of yours. I'm sure it is because they have the section hollowed out that the barrel can stick into off to the right for your version. They do this so people can carry full size guns if the wish. I have run and biked with my G17 in mine before. I mainly use the mag pouch for a full size folding knife. I also have no use for the magnetic retention strap either. The holster has plenty of retention because of it's stretchy quality.
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed Pistol Wear the same time I posted here and their response was just as you said.
    Gunga Galunga

Links